Thread: AR 15 in Eberlestock or nimrod?

Default AR 15 in Eberlestock or nimrod?

I am working on getting a flat top AR for varmints and I am trying to find a truly GOOD way to carry it on my sled! I am considering either the Eberelstock or nimrod pack systems. I like the Eberelstock but the scabbard is not wide enough on the J104 and I havn't been able to try a J107. I also havn't been able to see a nimrod first hand for comparison. Any one have any ideas?

Well I think that I will be the owner of one of these packs at least by Christmas... It is hard not to be impressed when you get an email back from the owner in less than 24 hours! Come January the wolves better WATCH OUT! It looks like everything I need in one package for sled based predator control and the backscabbard is design to allow an over shoulder "quick draw"!

Hello Jon,

The J107H has the same sized scabbard as the J104. We have a version of the J107, the J107M BigMouth, that will hold a flat topped AR with scope and 10 rd clip much more easily than the J107H. I don't own all the variations of ARs but this pack is made to hold larger military rifles, so it should work for you.

Thanks for your interest

Glen Eberle
    Eberlestock

Here is a picture/link to the site I am not thrilled about the color but it shouldn't be too bad. I am undecided between the two solid colors olive drab or coyote brown there is no choice for a non solid color in the wide scabard "M' model. If they had ACU it would be an easy choice!

Thumbs up yep...

I was impressed in the same way you were. I wanted to carry some fly rod tubes in the accessory scabbards of my Eberlstock pack. I called and Glen Eberlestock was soon on the phone. Said he would measure them personally, and if they did not fit, he would custom make the scabbards so they would fit. I ordered my pack the following day. Amazing pack and very versatile. Customer service like this is hard to find. I hold Cabelas, Burris Optics, and Glen Eberletock in a category of their own. Best out there!
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

An AR will fit in an Eberlestock Gunslinger just fine if it fits your needs sizewise, etc.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Default Eberlestock

I have an Eberlestock and I really like it. I have the X1 and it is a very versatile pack and carries a load well. The only grip I have is that when you have a rifle in the scabard you cant really sit down on your sled. Or at least I cant. It not normally a big deal because I ride standing up most of the time. But occasionally I want to sit down and just cruise. I have to take the pack off when that time comes. It just a little inconvenient is all. Still my favorite pack.

It keeps getting better from this company. I got a second email back from Eberlestock and this is one I think I am going to move forward on. I have a sheep season to prep for tight now and it is looking like a solo so my Barney bag is going to get the nod this year but I will hopefully be able to order a customized J107 for Christmas time next year. I wonder if any of you with 50 beauwolf or others would be interested in trying to set up a group buy on custom packs designed to fit the AR's and a full clip.

Here is the Email I recieved today.

Hello Jon,
    Our standard scabbard is not well suited for your AR. We would need to build one custom. You will need to trace the AR on paper and send it to us with instructions for us to make you a scabbard.
    Do let us know if this works for you.
    Thanks, Doug

Talk about customer service!