Thread: Any kings anywhere yet?

Default Any kings anywhere yet?

Just wondering if anyone has caught, seen or heard of any kings out of Homer, Anchor Point, or Deep Creek's area? I know it's still early, but those spots are usually good indicators.

I saw a sealion thrashing what looked to be a king in Seward a few minutes ago. Though I realize you weren't inquiring about Seward.

Default last weekend

I saw a couple caught off the beach last Sunday in the K beach rd area.

Default King Salmon Fishing

Participated in the 14th annual AP derby saturday. friday nights banquet and auction was great as always. Emcee Stan did a super job as always.
    Launching was another experience. Fishing was slow. With a deadline of 6pm I was determined not to get skunked. We worked hard and at 5:15PM we struck. My friend landed a 28.6 lb Chromer. Not big enough to win but sure fun to watch the battle.
    Not many fish caught but smooth water. forecast was Gale warning so our plans to stay down for a few days convinced us to head home. Only going to get better,

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    I saw a couple caught off the beach last Sunday in the K beach rd area.
    Hi,

Where is "K beach rd area" ?

I really want to surf fish for Kings when I get there so I was looking for some spots to try! thanks

Kalifornsky Beach Road in the Kenai area.

Default K-Beach road

Come thru Soldotna and turn right after crossing the Kenai river bridge. The road makes a 20+ mile loop and returns to the Sterling highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Come thru Soldotna and turn right after crossing the Kenai river bridge. The road makes a 20+ mile loop and returns to the Sterling highway.
    Nice. Im doing a charter out of soldotana area on June 1st. Maybe Ill try casting from the beach the day before! Man am I excited! If anyone doesnt mind too much, could you send me a PM with a bit more detail about where to try off the beach? thanks again.

Im sorry if Im hijacking this thread. Back to the topic...

WHERE ARE THOSE KINGS!!!!

Default Kings

Bump to the top. Marine forecast iffee for the next few days. Let's hear if you do get out.

Charterboat Operator

Default chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Bump to the top. Marine forecast iffee for the next few days. Let's hear if you do get out.
    you should of stayed, water stayed real nice until about noon on Sunday. 30.6 & 19.7 dinner fish on Sat.
    sounds like there was quite a good bite sat afternoon, congrats, and good eatin!