Thread: Finally Got Him

Default Finally Got Him

back from the taxidermist that is! This is the choclate blackie my son got last year, man what a nice rug it turned out to be.Thats an 8ft ceiling for ref.

Look at the scars on his face

Default bear rug

Very nice. How big? What taxidermist?

Awesome rug Cub, can't imagine how proud you must be! Did you post pics of your son and the bear last fall?

Quote Originally Posted by aktrouttamer View Post
    Very nice. How big? What taxidermist?
    He's 6' 9" claw to claw and 6' 3" nose to tail. Leo at "Remember The Moment" in North Pole did the work.

Great job.

The kid done good....That's a fine bear.
    Good to see Leos still kicking them out too...

Very nice bear...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

As if I needed another reason to be excited about becoming a father, that's one of them. I can't wait to take my kid out to get his first bear, his first fish, his first caribou. Man, that's great - thanks for sharing!

Great bear there Cub. Your boy must be a real happy camper. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    As if I needed another reason to be excited about becoming a father, that's one of them. I can't wait to take my kid out to get his first bear, his first fish, his first caribou. Man, that's great - thanks for sharing!
    Yup Brian its a whole new world taking the boy out there. Last years bear hunt was something else. Watching him shake the way he did and working through the nervous jitters/buck fever was priceless. And to tell you the truth, that was the biggest black bear I have ever seen on an interior bait but we had made an agreement that he was the shooter. Being an avid bow hunter I would have absolutely loved to stick that 19"+ bear but a deal is a deal, so I didn't even bring my bow that night. But anything with an 18" or better head had better be on the look out this year.....its dads year!

Very beautiful bear and congrats on the lifelong hunting partner that you developed!

Brian

So Leo has been spending his time working on your stuff and not getting mine done I see. Bear looks great, congrats to your son. Hopefully he'll have my grizzly from last May done soon.

Thats funny Jerod, he dont like doing them bear rugs at all. He kept telling me that I shoulda done a life size with this bear and I just went, "yeah right Leo and where am I gonna put that?". He does do good work though!

Absolutely beautiful bear- cinnamons are priceless, glad to hear ya got to spend some good hunting time with your son

awesome mount there Cub, Congrats to your son as well for a fine trophy and memory!!!!

Beautiful mount! I like the fact that you didn't have it done with a snarling expression on his face. The nose looks so much better and realistic the way you chose. That thing has a giant head. Congratulations!

Default Nice Bear

That's a nice rug,Tell your son congrats. The memories of time spent in the woods with your children are far more precious. It's far better to hunt with your kids than for them; Todays children are tommorrows sportsmen and our outdoor legacy.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Thats a real nice bear, Cub. I'll bet you and your boy relive that day evertime you look at the mount.

oz
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance