Thread: Garrett bullets - how do we get em

Default Garrett bullets - how do we get em

Maybe a quick question but I have gained an interest in trying out Garrett's bullets both for the 44mag (330 grain) and 45/70 (460grain and the 540 grain.)

Looking at there website, they don't ship here. Any place local that sells them or do I have to ship in the lower 48 then have them brought up here?

Seems like great bullets from what I am reading so if you have any first hand experience, would be interested in hearing about it too.

Thanks, Tony

Default GNG

I have no first hand experience with them - but they have quite a few in stock at Great Northern Guns just off Tudor.

Good luck -

Nate

Default Shipping

As of a month ago, they were shipping to AK.

I traded emails with Randy Garrett last week and he said he doesn't ship here. I told him that I have ordered from another custom ammo shop and they did ship here provided I agreed to pay a $30 hazmat charge. After hearing this he said he would double check with UPS or FedEx and get back with me...

Default Update

I stopped by Great Northern Guns yesterday, they don't sell them. They have Car-Bon and Beartooth but no Garratt's. Just an FYI. Also in my first thread I should have said 420 grn not 460 grn. (Car-bon makes the 460 grn bullet, not Garrett.) Someone pointed out my error... Randy Garrett also replied to my email to him, he said he would look into it.

Oh well, bear hunting this weekend, I'll use my Kodiak bullets. Everyone tells me they will be fine. I hope to have a positive update. Thanks.

I'm using the Garrett 420 gr Hammerheads, they were given to me as a gift from a friend. He told me that you cannot get them in Alaska but you can have them sent to someone in the lower 48 then have them ship them to you up here. Hopefully Garrett will start shipping them here at a reasonable cost, as it is the 420 grainers cost $66 a box without shipping.