Thread: Split Whittier Charter Memorial Weekend?

Default Split Whittier Charter Memorial Weekend?

Anyone potentially interested in splitting a charter out of Whittier on Memorial Weekend? As I mentioned in a previous thread, my dad is coming up and want to take him somewhere other than Ship Creek at least once. I've never used a charter, so I'd need to learn a few things first: do 1/2 day charters exist? A guess on cost per person (obviously depending on group size)? Is this the appropriate place to post this?
    I'd like to treat him to this, but can't afford a whole lot. I'd like to go after kings and/or halibut. It'd have to be out of Whittier cause that's as far as we'd have time to drive to.
    Anyone interested or with advice can respond here or PM me. Thanks.

I doubt half-day charters exist out of Whittier. There are a few in Homer, but that's possible there because halibut fishing can be found very close to the port. In Whittier it is a pretty substantial run out to any productive bottom fishing, so a half-day charter really isn't feasible. You may look into renting a boat, though. Follow the link to Whittier Boats in the text at the top of this page for info.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Anyone potentially interested in splitting a charter out of Whittier on Memorial Weekend? As I mentioned in a previous thread, my dad is coming up and want to take him somewhere other than Ship Creek at least once. I've never used a charter, so I'd need to learn a few things first: do 1/2 day charters exist? A guess on cost per person (obviously depending on group size)? Is this the appropriate place to post this?
    I'd like to treat him to this, but can't afford a whole lot. I'd like to go after kings and/or halibut. It'd have to be out of Whittier cause that's as far as we'd have time to drive to.
    Anyone interested or with advice can respond here or PM me. Thanks.
    Seward is not THAT much longer when you consider the tunnel wait. Still no half days there till later, but ehough boats that make up parties to fill the boat. Google Seward fishing for a start. I don't know if prices go up before June 1 for this years Memorial day.

Default We booked

last week. The good ones are mostly full. As for cheap - I don't know whether that exists.