Thread: Forum photo galleries

Default Forum photo galleries

I really like the photo galeries and how they are so clean. The idea is too only show pics and brief descriptions and it makes for a great viewing experiance! The problem is that there are some really great stories that go along with those pics and they get lost in the archives in no time at all. I came up with a solution!!! I will look at feedback on this and if you all like it see if Brian can link a sticky to these directions in the hunting/fishing forums.

Many of you have seen where some users show links in common words. This has been explained here.

I want to expand on that and show you how you can link using a Photo! First you need to know how to upload a photo which can be seen here in great detail.

Here is the trick that will keep the Galleries looking great and those great stories connected to the pics for good! First open up a second window within your browser and go to the the forum page like normal. now you have 2 pages opend to the AODD forum (in Internet Explorer select "file" then "new window"). You will use this second page for copying links.

Now paste the [img] code for your picture into the text box as instructed in the "Posting Pictures" section. Now that you can see the code written out in the text box ie: [img]code.written.here[img] it is time to use that second window I had you open earlier. Navigate to the story thread you worked so hard on and once you have it open, copy the http: info from the address bar. Now return to the window where you posting your picture.
    You will need to highlite the [img] code with your mouse curser. Now click . Paste the address to your story thread into the box that opens then click OK.
    Select Post Reply and you are DONE.

I will use the latest thread from the hunt BRWNBR guided as an example.

Note: If you don't get the [IMG] Code but instead the actual picture comes up you can just hilite the picture in the text box and select to accomplish the same thing!

I hope this makes sense! It works for any link you would like to attach to a picture.Here is an example linking to my page.

Excellent idea! I to like to see the photos and get the scoop and this is a great way to keep Photo gallery clean.

Thanks!