Thread: Ship creek kings

Default Ship creek kings

Fished ship today at high tide for a couple hours. ....nothing, still to early. I'll try again next weekend. When are the first kings usually caught here? Some guys at work were saying they were late last year and the weather has been kinda cold until now so I'm expecting them to be late this year.

i am no expert on it, but i know last year the run started last week of May. i think i just read that same thing on a different thread. you can also fish them at low tide. i will be checking my tide tables soon and trying to make it down there for a day or two for both a high and a low from the end of May thru mid-June.

best of luck

Last year, first king caught May 10. Went this morning on outgoing tide...nothing yet. Or, I should say we didn't get the early one who could have wandered through...

New boulders and aluminum steps on both sides by the railroad bridge. Be careful when stepping in from the south side...trust me, it's a deep, muddy hole.

I was looking at the pedestrian bridge yesterday and didn't see anything swimming around (water was muddied up a bit). Might have to check it out later in the week.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the bridge restaurant? They have it all fenced off and says closed until further notice. Did they go bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    I was looking at the pedestrian bridge yesterday and didn't see anything swimming around (water was muddied up a bit). Might have to check it out later in the week.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the bridge restaurant? They have it all fenced off and says closed until further notice. Did they go bankrupt?
    Got the shake down from the CITY............Tango Uniform!

Quote Originally Posted by fr4nt1c View Post
    Last year, first king caught May 10. Went this morning on outgoing tide...nothing yet. Or, I should say we didn't get the early one who could have wandered through...

New boulders and aluminum steps on both sides by the railroad bridge. Be careful when stepping in from the south side...trust me, it's a deep, muddy hole.
    We just've just missed you.... 3 of us fished from the restaurant down to the aluminum steps from 5am to 8am today. No luck on our side. Ditto on the deep hole on the south side. My buddy found out the hard way. I see a problem with those south side steps being built right there. People will now be accessing the creek in that deep hole where those kings will likely be holding in once the run starts to pick up... I foresee a lot verbal confrontations especially from the guys that will be fishing/flipping on the northern side since the creek is only about 10-15ft wide right there @ low tide.

Quote Originally Posted by y0gee View Post
    We just've just missed you.... 3 of us fished from the restaurant down to the aluminum steps from 5am to 8am today. No luck on our side. Ditto on the deep hole on the south side. My buddy found out the hard way. I see a problem with those south side steps being built right there. People will now be accessing the creek in that deep hole where those kings will likely be holding in once the run starts to pick up... I foresee a lot verbal confrontations especially from the guys that will be fishing/flipping on the northern side since the creek is only about 10-15ft wide right there @ low tide.
    It's me, y0gee...found this forum while trying to satisfy the jones-ing after our strike-out this morning .

By the way, bought a new reel today...still not extravagent, but hopefully better than the one I have.

Sunday's high is 6:50 AM. I'll call Sat after I get home...

"fr4nt1c" for fish...