Thread: Stink Bait and bears

Default Stink Bait and bears

What does everybody thinks works better

Do you dump your stink bait on the ground?

Or hang it from a tree in a bucket?

Yes. that works best :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default hang it high

I personally like to hang it high. I get my bucket as high as i can in a tree and then shoot a few holes in it with my .22 I try to pick the smallest tree i can hoping that the bears wont be able to climb the tree and get my bucket but they find a way each time.

Default Hang the stinky stuff high

I have only been doin this for a few years, so take my advice any way you want but hanging the bait has always worked best for me. On the ground it is just gone too quick, the bears usually pee or poop on the whatever is left as well.

Default stink bait

I've always hung in a sack, if you hang it high on a small limb they won't be able to get to it.

I hang mine high as well and have never kept them from getting it, they will do amazing things to snag that sack/bucket!