Thread: Can't find fitting for gas tank.

Default Can't find fitting for gas tank.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I bought a new plastic gas tank for my boat. As I was screwing the quick release fitting into the plastic adapter on the tank, that plastic piece broke off. It is the piece that threads through the tank and is connected to the rubber fuel pick up hose in the tank. I have searched all around and no one in Juneau seems to carry that piece. Does anyone have a link to an online store that might carry it. I hate to have to buy a new $30 tank because I can't find a $2 plastic piece.

Default Look up the company

On the internet, you should either get the company's homepage, or at least a bunch of online vendors that carry their stuff. I did this recently looking for gas cap for an "inherited" 18 gal Tempo steel tank and the local bush rip off artist wanted 26 bucks...unfortunately Tempo are out o business, so hopefully you'll have better luck. Luckily I scrounged one up at the boatyard...(legally even)

hey grab the part and run to walmart. found all the pieces i need there last year. was in the marine isle in sporting goods, got a few extra pieces and only cost $11. worth a try.jeff

That's where I got the tank in the first place. Went back and looked, no luck.

This is the piece I need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd go to the manufacturer's web site and send them an email explaining what happened and what you need. I haven't done that on fuel tanks but on a few other things the two manufactures I contacted either sent me parts or replacement in very short order free of charge.

Worth a shot.

Overton's, West Marine, Boating World, these are the big boating catalogs/stores that seem to have everthing. Goggle them. I get Overton's catalog all the time in the mail, good stuff.

Fisheries Supply in Seattle will have it i'd bet. They have a website

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Emailed the company that makes it. They are sending a partout for free. Thanks for that bit of advice.