Thread: Arrow size?

Default Arrow size?

What size aluminum arrows would be good for my bow? I shoot a 60lb. Fred Bear Montana longbow. I have a 28 1\4" draw and shoot a 29" arrow. Easton "Legacies" are the arrows I would prefer.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Thanks a lot Daveinthebush!!!!!!!!!

That was very helpfull.

2215,2216 is what I shoot in a #60 recurve at 30". Bigsky in montana swages tapers on the end for glue on broad heads/points very strong. That and cedar arrows is what I shoot. I love the cedars for a quite draw and warmth too. Custum King in Indiana is the source for the ceder and anythingelse a longbow/recurve archer needs.

hate to throw a wrench into things but what the heck.

Those charts are starting points. You'll have to play, tweak and TUNE your bow to figure out what shoots the best. This may involve buying a few different sets of arrow shafts to figure it out. Once you find what it likes it'll be worth it. Not only will you become a helluva shot much faster, you'll end up with things like better arrow penetration, being able to take shots you normally would scoff at, and most importantly, not look like the retard at the range who "just doesnt care" (not saying this is you or anyone else).

Taking the time to have sharp broadheads, the best arrow flight you can get and knowing your equipment go leaps and bounds atleast with me. Sounds like basics...and...well it is, but you'll be suprised how many people dont follow this.