Thread: Counter Clock Wise Outboard ?

Default Counter Clock Wise Outboard ?

Hi guys, I was wondering if it makes a difference to run a single, counter clockwise outboard on a boat. I would be saving 4000 dollars if I went with the deal. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thank you.

it will cause all the controls to reverse, you will pull back to go forward and push forward for reverse... It also may pull to the left a bit. The good news is all the props in Australia turn that way and they don't have any of those concerns so depending on shipping you may be able to send it down there and make a little extra cash.

May be tougher to locate props for testing, but $4000 is $4000...

Functionally, no different at speed, slightly different around the dock (will back in one direction better than the other, but I can't remember which, so you can see how important this is).

"Normal" (RH) drive boats will prefer a touch of weight bias on the starboard side. LH drive will prefer a bit of weight bias on the port side.

Controls are same as normal, and will rig as such. All that is different is the way the gears are arranged and engaged in the lower end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vek View Post
    May be tougher to locate props for testing, but $4000 is $4000...

Functionally, no different at speed, slightly different around the dock (will back in one direction better than the other, but I can't remember which, so you can see how important this is).

"Normal" (RH) drive boats will prefer a touch of weight bias on the starboard side. LH drive will prefer a bit of weight bias on the port side.

Controls are same as normal, and will rig as such. All that is different is the way the gears are arranged and engaged in the lower end.
    ahhhh your no fun

I know - sorry. I enjoyed your reference to the southern hemisphere though!

be sure you can get the props for it and you should have no problems. alot of the dual drive boats have counter rotating drives(1 right 1 left) so i see no problem just running 1 motor. you could use the money saved to go fishing more so that makes it a nice savings. jeff

That's enough of a savings that I would switch!