Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trick Out Your User Profile

Default Trick Out Your User Profile

If you haven't taken a look at your User Profile lately, you're in for a (pleasant, I hope) surprise.

Here are some of the features:

Have fun!

David

David, did you just use the term trick out? When did you become so hip?

Default Hipster

Well, I considered "deck out" but no one under 50 would have understood....

David

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

David
    The younger generation, what do they know?

Hey now, not all of us are ignorant.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

I was going to start a group "conservatives" but I didn't want the three other guys to feel left out.

I started playing with my page a couple days ago, pretty neat, it is like myspace "lite".
    I like that your name in the login/message window is now a link to your information. Is there any chance of getting a batch uploader for photos like hotmail/photobucket/myspace have switched to recently? They makes it realy easy to resize and upload in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

David
    I UNDERSTAND JUST FINE AND I AM ONLY 35! "DECK OUT" MEANS IT'S TIME FOR A POKER GAME!

Well it took me all night but there ya go... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/member.php?u=6224
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Now we just need to be able to customize the skin for the entire forum!

I didn't realize it has changed so much. I just finished tweaking some of my profile stuff but must say isn't as impressive as bgreen.

Default "Trick" don't you mean "Pimp"???

Like Pimp my Ride???

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    I didn't realize it has changed so much. I just finished tweaking some of my profile stuff but must say isn't as impressive as bgreen.
    Years ago I built a few web pages, but this got me thinking about design again. A couple thoughts I had while trying to build a nice looking profile page.

If you want to use a theme similar to the skin on this forum, you might want to use a background picture with similar colors. like a fishing picture over water with a slightly overcast sky.

I like prefer dark backgrounds for web browsing, so I found a picture I liked that I took late at night and then used colors from the picture to develop the rest of my profile page. I also selected album covers with similar colors. I tried to find a way to make the dialog boxes transparent so you could actually see the background picture, but I don't think thats an option at this point. One option would be to make the album cover picture the same image as your main background.

Great tips bgreen. I tried to find a good background pic but finally ended up using a picture of a silt bed as the background for the neat texture. I am thinking that a close up of a scree slide will make a nice background, hopefully I will remember when I am sheep hunting this fall. I couldn't figure out how to make the boxes transparent either. I did mess with a picture in picasa till it fit nicely as a message box header. Fun to fiddle with thats for sure!

Ok now this is war!!! I have to go through some of my pics and see what I come up with. Thanks for the tips bgreen.

Another thing I did when working with the color of the text and headers was to open two windows side by side. One of my actual profile and one of the editor. When I made a change in the editor I'd switch to the other window, click refresh, and see the changes to my actual page rather than the little canned "profile" in the editor. Made it much easier to see what effect my changes were having.

Oh man, I just ran out of ordnance. Nothing left in battery!

Did the same thing

Thought I had a good back round but, looks like crap! ... Fun to play with, I'll work on a better back drop later, bed time now.

Trick out?
    Question on new tricks on the site.
    Could you explain how you 'approve comments'?
    Do you just reply to them and are all conversations viewable to all individuals or only the person who is logged in?
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Trick out?
    What's the matter? Getting too old to know current language??

As for the new features, we're still learning them as well. I'll have to play around a bit later and get back to you on these questions.

Default Tricks

Basically, I think your only option is to delete comments/messages that you don't want to be visible to all. However, only logged in users can see these.

Here is the basic information on the "visitor messages" part of your user profile. It's in the FAQ section of the forums.

I'm working my way through the new features, too. I don't yet understand how all the pieces work or the implications of some of the features.

David

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Trick out?
    Question on new tricks on the site.
    Could you explain how you 'approve comments'?
    Do you just reply to them and are all conversations viewable to all individuals or only the person who is logged in?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast