Thread: No points for brains, today.

Talking No points for brains, today.

My boss I got bored and took the Rhino to the beach at the mouth of Happy Valley Creek today to go surf fishing. One look at the water and we kind of knew it was a no-go, just a bit too much surf. I waded out and tried anyway, and about 20 minutes into it got smacked by a wave about three times as high as the rest of 'em. Totally drenched down to the wader belt, I tried to continue to fish, but decided after 10 minutes or so that I was too young to die of hypothermia. My boss (wisely watching from well above the water) lwas so amused he took this photo of a very uncomfortable individual. Ah, well. Live and learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Talking man, i know the feeling...

my waders generally leak most at the big hole where my chest sticks out <GRIN>
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Why did you even go in the water?

I would have probably fallen at the edge and rolled in. I seem to get wet all the time. If I get into the water and my waders have a leak I will be happy knowing that way I am less likely to fall in since I am already wet.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Famous last words

Why did you even go in the water?
    Well, there was this rip I couldn't *quite* reach from shore.......
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Default Points for heart...

At least you made the pilgrimage, though early as it was...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Default Great effort is half the battle.

I think we've all done this...as spring lags I've tried all kinds of silly things to get out and kill the cabin fever, snowmachining to open water just to watch my guides freeze, braving sketchy ice and overflow...but just getting out is good for the soul, so good on ya. May your next trip be less "eventful".

I to have been itching to get and do some beach fishing as well but the weather and tides dont seem to be coopareting. I have heard some good things about the beach up at coho but i have yet been able to get out there and confirm 100%. Rumor has it that the hooligan are making there yearly jaunt up to kenai. Hopefully with any luck they have some bigger fishy goodness following them.