Thread: lanyard ring for S&W 460/500

Default lanyard ring for S&W 460/500

I recently ordered S&W 460V (5 inch barrel) and I'd like to equip it with a lanyard ring -- there are cases where it can save your arse.

Has anyone with S&W 460/500 (X Frames) had any experience with the following lanyard ring (scroll to the Item# 3aLANHSW):

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/shop...top&category=9

or any other lanyard ring for that matter?

Another option would be to harvest the lanyard ring from the 460ES/500ES. I noticed they come with a lanyard ring from the factory but I can't locate the part on the S&W website. I'll probably call them tomorrow AM to see if it can be purchased separately (I doubt it). I really don't want to send in my piece just for the lanyard ring installation -- it looks like a simple job (remove a screw, then screw in the lanyard ring).

Default Great minds think alike

I think I posted the same question in the past here or another forum. It is a good idea I found the same link you did and couldn't find one on S&W site. I think it would be a great item to have. I would like to do a lot of practice with using to make sure it doesnot interfer with anything. I thought about getting knocked down by something and not being able to get to my gun and also while in the water fishing or boating.
    Good luck,
    Tim

I just got off the phone with S&W support -- a lanyard ring is on it's way -- just like that. Lets see what happens ...

Default Pistol Leash

I am thinking of getting this Pistol Leash:

from http://www.pistolleash.com/

What do you think?

Default How much

So how much did it cost? For the stud?

Quote Originally Posted by cool_husker View Post
    So how much did it cost? For the stud?
    Zero I'll believe it when I see it though ...