Thread: Fly Tying supplies online/catalogue, who's best.

Default Fly Tying supplies online/catalogue, who's best.

I live out in the sticks in Bristol Bay and don't have consistent access to Anchortown to pick up what I need for fly tying. Just started putting together an order for my dad for this summer and I'm woefully low on some key but common items. Where do you guys shop online or in catalogues, and why do you prefer these folks...shipping, price, selection, customer service etc.

This is one of my favorites.

www.feather-craft.com/

+1 for Feather Craft, but you will also have good luck with either Cabela's or Dan Baileys. Unless you are purchasing in commercial quantities the prices will be quite comparable.

If you're looking at commercial orders I'd get a bigger company to order from in bulk. My guide service orders from Umpqua in bulk but we don't order everything from them because there are a few things I like better from other companies. I think they have a $750 minimum but if you are tying for clients that isn't that bad. I find that if you find a material that gets used a lot and order it in all the sizes and colors you'd be amazed how fast $750 adds up. I have a few thousand into my personal stash at least by now.....

Amazon has some stuff too surprisingly, but I order a lot of stuff through Cabelas, or I did before I moved to Fairbanks and got a few good fly shops.
    River Runnin

Default J Stockard..

Below is a link to J Stockard. Lots of good fly tying supplies.

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Stockard are good, but If I need to order stuff I go through Angler's Workshop in Woodland, WA. Fast shipping, and they can get rediculous deals on Lamiglas blanks if you build rods. They will actually call you if something gets backordered!!