Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hits yet?

Default hits yet?

Anyone have a hit on their bait site yet? I checked mine yesterday after letting it sit for 4 days nothin yet. Ganna check it again saturday.

Default nothin on mine either

checked last friday after a 3 week soak and nothin...
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Nothing yet either. Put out a bucket of chicken thats been soaking for 2 weeks today to freshen up the place a little. Maybe check it next week sometime.

I put mine out on Tues after work. Can't wait to check it saturday some time but I doubt if anything will have hit it yet. I hiked all through the area and have yet to see a track. Still a little early. I broke down and bought a trail cam so with any luck I will get some good shots of what ever is out there when they do come out though!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Talking Hit monday

I set mine out saturday and it was hit monday morning. I couldnt really tell it had been hit but the cam had a small cinn. pic on it. Hillbilly

Put mine out Tuesday & checked it for the 1st time today....
    It's been hit by at least two different blackies (tracks in soft dirt).
    That's unit 15A.
    Didn't bait last year, but this is over 2 weeks earlier than when I 1st put out bait 2 yrs ago. That time it was hit by a brownie. Hopefully I'll be done in the next week or so & then I'll try & get my daughter on one.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

yup, after a 4 day soak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default hits

My buddy just called me and told me his was hit today hes about 2 miles from mine, hopefully I have some action ganna check it in the morning. Hope my trail cam is still there.

Baited on Saturday and checked today with no hits.

Default Moose?

Anyone ever had problems with Moose eating their dog food? I rebaited today with dogfood, honey, and old grease I fried a bunch of chicken in a while back. Just wondering what the likley hood is that Mr Moose will help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    yup, after a 4 day soak.
    Congrats Blink!!
    Looks like a nice bear!
    I chased one off the bait going in this evening at 7, & it never came back. Didn't get a good look at it but it was fairly brown. Telling myself it was a choclate blackie
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    Anyone ever had problems with Moose eating their dog food? I rebaited today with dogfood, honey, and old grease I fried a bunch of chicken in a while back. Just wondering what the likley hood is that Mr Moose will help himself.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the chances of a moose hitting your bate are pretty slim.

Well, I just got back from checking mine. All the bread, buns, etc were gone but the honey/jelly/syrup coated dogfood was not touched. The trail cam logged 962 events and there were 236 pictures OF SQUIRRELS!!!! I have vanilla soaked rag strips hanging in the tree's above the barrel and the whole place makes me hungry whenever I go to check it. Will only be a matter of time!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default its on

I checked the bait today and boy was it hit hard trail camera caught 1 BIG!! brownie and a pretty nice black bear. had about 40lbs of donuts and 10lbs of dog food and today there was about 2 lbs of donuts left after 3 days. ganna keep fillin for the next few days and hunt tuesday.

Good luck everyone and be safe. I'm so jealous!

Hopefully I can get my first AK bear hunt in spring 2010. I might however, spring for the military non-resident tag and take a shot at it my first spring.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Default Hang in there MN

Hang in there dude, it won't be long now, you're heading back to AK this Fall right?

Default just checked

went up to mine last night with about 25 # of dog food and some doughnuts and bread. Also had a sterno can and some jello- I left a #10 can at the site for jello burns. Its been 10 days since I was up there, in the snow- there was zero sign then. Well, first thing I noticed was my permit had been torn down and chewed up. There was NOTHING left at the site- the roots had even been well excavated. I had half a dozen scent rags leading into the site, they were all gone: a garbage bag I had stuffed into a blowdown was eaten- only found the drawstring handle. I never did find the can, so didn't do a burn last night. I'm just glad I still had a seat on my stand! I had to leave a little too early, but hope to be there again Monday night. Shouldn't be too long now! (Knik River)

Took one off mine a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by akdd View Post
    Took one off mine a couple of days ago.
    common guys lets see the pics!

Am thinking of checking mine this coming week as opposed to waiting 2 weeks as planned simply because I saw a bear and tracks within a half mile of the dericious bait I set out!...grin It seems to me that they have been coming out earlier and earlier the last few years. I think my son killed his the 3rd week of May last year and we had been clobbered by then for for a week. Spring has finally decided to get here an dthe snow has been melting with the quickness, twas 70 here at the house yesterday and it looks like more of the same for today.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast