Thread: FFL Dealer in Soldotna

Smile FFL Dealer in Soldotna

Can anyone help? I am heading up to the Pen. in Sept on a Moose hunt and need a dealer with an FFL in Soldotna to ship my rifle to. I would appreciate any info. Thanks!!

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Why do you need a dealer to ship it too? You can legally ship it too yourself in care of another person without having to go through a dealer.

If you really want to go through an FFL, try Travis at The Impact Area @ (907) 262-1625. It's a small gun shop located on K-Beach Road halfway between Kenai and Soldotna.

Allen: I have spoken with both UPS and FedEx and they will now only ship rifles to a FFL. I want to insure my guns and to do that I have to declare them and ship to a FFL. If you know different please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2hnt
    Allen: I have spoken with both UPS and FedEx and they will now only ship rifles to a FFL. I want to insure my guns and to do that I have to declare them and ship to a FFL. If you know different please tell me.

Under Federal Law you can ship long guns by USPS to yourself in care of another person. Put it in a hardcase and mail it to the person of outfitter you are using or hunting with. Average cost of shipping a long gun by Priority Mail to most any place in the country is about $25. Make sure you insure it if you do mail it. Don't cost yourself an extra $25 or more for an FFL transfer Fee. Good luck.

Check out these FAQ's on the BATFE Web site about shipping firearms.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm

Thanks Allen, I will check into that!

Default Shipping to a Gunsmith...

I have been very interested in shipping a long gun to the Montana Rifleman to have it rebarreled to the cariber on my liking. I have been in contact with them and they have said that I can ship it to them because I own it and when the job is done they'll ship it directly to me because, you guessed it, I own it. I have yet to look into who to use as the shipper and am very interesed in the conversation that is happening here. I am also not ready to ship untill I am very comfortable knowing that I'll get the rifle back. It seems to me that UPS was one of the choices in our conversation whom could receive and ship for the job. Maybe I'll have to reconsider if UPS will not do the job unless it's to a FFL.

Rufus you can ship your rifle to Montana Rifleman using the USPS. Cheaper then either FedEx or UPS and hassle free. Make sure you insure it no matter who you ship it with.

Thumbs up use the mail

livtohnt,
    I mailed my rifle and gear to myself from Ohio to Dillingham by priority mail, in care of my outfitter last Friday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday this week, less than four days. Don't mail your ammo though, small arms ammunition is not permited in the mail for some reason. I suspect there are a lot of people who mail ammo with their gear but I pesonally would not risk it. I will bring my ammo in the one small piece of checked baggage when I fly up in two weeks.

If you are flying just carry it with you or do as Ohhunter did and mail it yourself.

I had a last minute shotgun sent to me in Fairbanks 2 years ago (I had already carried my 2 limit on the plane) and it went to Fairbanks UPS just fine but they would not ship it home for me. I had to deal with a local FFL and it took him 4 months to finally decide to send get it in the mail.

Doug