Thread: Hope snow conditions

Default Hope snow conditions

2 weeks ago I went out to Hope to put out some bait and to make some repairs on the stand. The snow was about waist deep. Has any body been out there w/in the last few days? I was just wondering since we have had all the nice weather how much snow is still there.

Was in Hope last weekend, hardly anysnow but a couple patches hear and there.

Default Not much snow at low elevations

I was there last week also. Very little snow at the lower elevations, but I did not venture up into the hills at all.

Scott

Has anybody ever hunted off of the Palmer Creek Rd? Is that road open this time of year? I think that is NFS land, isn't it? any advice would be helpful...might save me a trip down that way in the next week or so.
    Johnny

Palmer Creek Road is generally not open this time of year. I'm guessing that Memorial Day might be a good target date for getting the road open, but I'm not sure. There are bears there, but not as many as one might expect. There are plenty of road hunters that use the area, and surprisingly I see more bears from the Seward Highway than I do up Palmer Creek Road. Still, it's a nice place to go hiking and climbing, and you always have the chance of seeing a bear.

Default Snow Conditions

I went to Hope yesterday to put out some bait. I did not take snow shoes which turned out to be a mistake. The snow inside the woods is just below waist deep. However it is melting fast! Very soft! I will go back next weekend and post how it is then.

I also went to Hope on Sunday, didn't find much snow (if any) at all. Took a walk up Palmer Creek Road and saw nothing. Snow was maybe 1000-1500 feet. Palmer Creek Road was still closed by the forest service.
    Johnny