Thread: Did I put in for too many moose permits?

Default Did I put in for too many moose permits?

Whoops, just realized something. I applied for moose in the winter draw for Koyukuk and was unsuccessful. I just applied for 3 moose hunts in the spring draw, completely forgetting that I put in for one Koyukuk permit in the winter draw. Did I screw up? If I did, will ADF&G invalidate my 3rd choice (4th total) for moose, or am I looking at possibly losing my entire $50 worth of permit entries?

If there was fine print on this, I missed it by a mile.

Yes, you messed up. As for whether they'll toss your whole application or not, I'm not sure. I would call them first thing in the morning to see if you can rectify the situation. The limit on three applications is for the entire year including both winter and spring draws.

Give them a call as I believe they will toss the whole application.

They will attemp to call people who mess up especially this early in the month.

Dont wait for them to call though!! You call them first!!!
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Thanks guys, I'll call them in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I would call them first thing in the morning to see if you can rectify the situation. The limit on three applications is for the entire year including both winter and spring draws.
    I did this accidentally once. I applied for three moose hunts and paid with credit card. I never had verification that the credit card was accepted so I applied two more times. I called ADF&G and they realized the mistake and said that I would invalidate my application by applying three times. They went on to say that they have common sense and would have only charged my card once, realizing I messed up.

Bottom line, call them. Good luck.

Tim

Tim, that blows. I've called and talked to two different people this morning and both did not have any idea how to take care of the problem. I finally got a name to talk to but of course he is out of the office.

I am pretty sure this issue has come up before, so hopefully they have developed a way to deal with it without invalidating all of my permits and taking my money.

Default Been there done that

I did the same thing two years ago. It is confusing because of the winter draw. They took my money (and my partners) and disqualified all of our moose applications. It was a "double lose" situation.
    When I called several people from the state and took them I aplied electronically I mentioned it would be "nice" if some kind of error flag would come up or maybe disqualify me for my last hunt I put in for the said they would bring my thought to the game board. But it still was a lose of my money and moose applications.

Sorry

Default Sorry

So... uh, which permits did you put in for ... seems like I might have a little bit of an advantage now -- one less hunter.

The system has issues - hopefully they'll be able to rectify for ya...

Good luck!

Rod, did they just cancel your moose permits and leave the other permits for different critters alone? Hopefully they have looked into this over the last couple of years and have figured out a solution to the problem. I remember a few years ago I drew DM788 and took a cow moose in Fairbanks. I tried putting in for the same permit the next year and the on-line system said I couldn't. I know they have some capability to keep an eye on this sort of thing with their system.

Stogey, I didn't draw DM830 in the fall and I put in for the Tanana any bull, Fairbanks antlerless and one of the Delta cow tags.

Where is this regulation saying we can only put in for three choices total?

Page 1 of the spring suppliment under "Specific permit hunt information" The last line reads "If you applied for any drawing permits for moose last winter, those hunts count toward your three (3) hunt choices this spring"

I think if I would have caught that, I would still have overlooked it as I had never put in for a winter moose draw before and I had completely spaced that I had. I kind of wish they would put the winter moose draw for non-residents only, but I can't blame anybody but myself here.

Default Just Moose Permits

Jerod,

It only effected my moose permits. It did not effect anything else. That was the good news. It was an honesty mistake on my part, the bad part about the situation was the partner I had put in with got his moose draws disqualified as well and he did not put in for the winter drawing like I had. That was two years ago, and the good news is we both drew Cordova moose last year

Wow talk about fine print!! I had read it all and still missed it. Hopefully they will get the computer system fixed so it won't allow us to over apply by accident. Now I have to remember what I applied for in December.

Default I doubt they will fix that part ...

of it. I think fish and game will leave it the way it is. If you over choose, they take your money and snub all hunts you applied for. I did it long ago. I think it is a fair way to deal with it as it would be a pain in the arse to be contacting people that applied for too many or screwed up on the permit application. I guess the "bruises" of the permit system!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Once in the early days of Tier II, I made a boo-boo on my Tier II application. I got my Birthday wrong. I put the current year instead of the year I was born. When I didn’t get the permit, I called and asked about it, and they said it was thrown out because of that obvious typo. When I protested, they said my application could have been fraudulent.

So, I wouldn’t count on them doing anything to accommodate you.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default ...

i put in for 3 cow moose this year but in three different areas...am i ok?
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Quote Originally Posted by y2kadle View Post
    i put in for 3 cow moose this year but in three different areas...am i ok?
    Yep, that's fine.