Thread: Solenoid help

Default Solenoid help

I have a 600 grizzly with a warn winch..So I pulled it out of my shed after all winter and when you turn on the winch the solenoid just clicks so I went and bought a new one, well I just put it on and it does the same thing?? So I put the cabel around a tree with it engaged and backed up to see if it was locked up or something well it still clicks and the winch don't feel like its locked up or anything and it worked great when I put it in the shed.....any thoughts?? Thanks..

Default Get your voltmeter

Check for power out at the winch power lugs. Make sure your ground is good. It could just be a bad connection. make sure you check out the thread about the Warn recall on their switches.

I believe that recall is for the contactor, I had one that was on the list and Warn sent me a new one. First thing you should check is power going to the winch, have someone hit the switch then check power to the positive cable (red) and then check the ground using your meter set to ohms. Something else you might check is the engage/disengage switch on the wide of the winch. What your hearing sounds like the contactor clicking, it's usually something simple with these things but they do on occasion go bad.

My warn contactor was working fine until I replaced it due to the recall, now I have nothing but problems. It would only spool in and not out at first. Then I contacted warn and they sent me yet another contactor. The main thing is to ensure the connections are all sound. Maybe some corrosion worked into one of yours while it was in storage.