Thread: Turnagain Pass???

Default Turnagain Pass???

Can you ride wheelers in Turnagain Pass? Like take off from the Large rest area? Or is this area open to sno go's only?

Thanks
    Curt

Not that I am aware of. Snogos only.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

I've never heard of anyone riding there, for whatever that's worth

Orv's have been banned from there for years. Kinda like Peters Creek and Palmer side of Hatcher pass. Same thing they are trying to do on the Rex trail.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

That would be a sweet place to ride.

AFAIK the only "trails" on the kenai, within the CNF, that are currently legal for travel via atv are the Crown Point Mine trail and the "old" Old Seward Highway. At least thats what they told me when I called the Seward Ranger District. A call to the Glacier Ranger District might be prudent, but I did find this on their website... http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/chugach/recreation/mvum.html
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Where is the 'old' Old Seward Highway? Does it intersect the 'new' Old Seward Highway? Anyone wheeled it?

Thanks all, seems like every spot I want to put this dredge in the water I'm going to have to back pack it in!

But I guess with a goat tag this fall......Might not hurt me any!

Oops! I ment the "Old" Sterling Highway. I just came back from anchorage and had the old seward on the brain. Sorry about that.

Its trail head is at the Seward Hwy and Sterling Hwy intersection, just drive back to the bathrooms at the Tern Lake Rec area and you'll see it. You can see sections of it on your left as you drive toward Cooper Landing on the Sterling Hwy. It will take you clear to kenai lake.

Quote Originally Posted by bgreen View Post
    Oops! I ment the "Old" Sterling Highway. I just came back from anchorage and had the old seward on the brain. Sorry about that.

Its trail head is at the Seward Hwy and Sterling Hwy intersection, just drive back to the bathrooms at the Tern Lake Rec area and you'll see it. You can see sections of it on your left as you drive toward Cooper Landing on the Sterling Hwy. It will take you clear to kenai lake.
    I thought there wooden posts of ban there, I'll have to check that tomorrow, sounds fun.