Thread: Grizz control/Moose mgt around Delta Jct

Default Grizz control/Moose mgt around Delta Jct

I enjoy hiking around the AK Range south of Delta looking for spring grizz. Was fortunate to harvest one in 06 and passed one up in 07. I was out this weekend and saw quite a few moose, some sheep, and ground squirrels up high but no grizz. One place I like to hike into was just too snowy - too much effort so it will have to wait until things melt a bit more.

Sooo, I bought a 4 wheeler over the winter and am now looking to expand my hunt area (a little farther off the road system). I will help thin the bear popualtion if any of you nice fellas would be so kind to share some "where to go" info with me. I know where the Coal Mine Lakes trail is (still drifted in) but don't know of any others in the area?? Is there a trailhead into Jarvis Creek or do you kinda go x-country at the end of the CML trail?? Any help would be great. I live in FBKS so any thoughts on where to go around FBKS would be also be welcomed. You can PM me if you don't want the whole world to know.

There is a trail you take from Coal Mine Lakes road that will take you into Jarvis Creek, it's about a 5-6 mile ride but I imagine this time of year it's got to be darn near impossible to get there. I know there are bears in there, I saw a blonde grizz and a dark brown one halfway up a mountain eating blueberries. Since you have a wheeler you might want to think about the Paxson side of the Denali Highway.