Thread: price of lead

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default price of lead

i was at walmart the other day and the price of cannonballs seemed (to put it lightly) OUT OF CONTROL!! if i remember right a 16 ounce ball was $9.00, anyone else noticing this? i bought a 12 ounce lead head jig from B&Js a few weeks ago for $3.50 so it seems to me someone made a mistake.

I bought some 2 and 3 lb lead at Sportsmans Warehouse. Can't remember the exact price, but they were something like $13 and $19 each. I think it is time to find some scrap iron or use a rock.

Thumbs up $1.88 apiece

I just bought 80 weights, 20-24 oz. each, off of Craigs list for $150. When I asked him why he was selling, he said he wanted to try square weights so they don't roll around his boat.
    Think I should have told him what new lead costs?
    Me too, until he said he was a charter captain. I figure they know what they are doing.
    I told my buddy that I will keep a bucket of them on the boat. If you go out with us, they are $5 each (Better price than you can get anywhere). At the end of the trip I will buy them back for $4 each. You just rented it for $1 a day, a good deal. If you lose it you lost $5, which is better than me losing $$$.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default Lead for sale

I have about 50 lbs send offers by PM
    This needs to be cast into the size balls or squares that you need.

Default Ebay

There are sellers on Ebay that can get you good deals on weights. Flat rate shipping is some thing like $11 for 50 pounds plus the cost of the weights.

I picked up a little over 40 lbs of lead weights while picking up snagged/lost lures. I was considering melting and making a bar of it. I would imagine if lead gets up there near silver prices the rivers will be devoid of lead in a couple of days.

Brads Tackle on Ebay pretty good prices for cannonballs - I paid $4.33 each for 3#, $2 ea for 24 oz. Up to 65 lbs shipping for $10.60.

Snake River sinkers & Fishing on ebay for downrigger weights - same shipping cost.

Holy Cr@p! Glad I got a good deal with (undisclosed tire shop) locally ...this is break up and I'm getting about 75 to 100 pounds a week in wheel weights as people change their tires over, and the guy that works there said the best is yet to come! All I need is a few molds!

Brian

Default led for reds

hi guy i just wanted to drop a line on this subject led is costly i agree ....now i just wanted 2 tell all of you that I have developed a new sinker .It is for red fishing it has been fished on the keani and other alaskan rivers for the last 4 years with great results... its snagless i have 4 weights 1 oz 7/8oz 3/4oz and 5/8 ounce i have given some away now when i show up at camp peploe are waiting 4 my sinkers .any way i will give away some to the first 20 pepole who pm me all i ask is they give an honest review of my product its patent pending but im ready 2 hit the market now thanks for youre suport...and may the fishes be with you../.