Thread: Scopes for those Magnum revolvers?

Default Scopes for those Magnum revolvers?

Hi All! I am expecting a Smith & Wesson 460XVR Hunter PC 14 and was wanting to know what kind of scopes you guys are using on this magnum revolvers so I can go ahead and pick up a scope for it. This is what5 I have coming. Any help on scope selection would be appreciated!
    Thanks!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=98845458

On revolvers I prefer a "red dot" type sight.
    My preference is the "UltraDot 4".
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Pistl Scopes

Unless you only plan to shoot the pistol at longer ranges make certain you get a scope with an adjustable objective or turrent adjustment for parallex.

At shorter ranges - less than 75 or 50 yards - the parallex can be terrible with a pistol scope since your head position can vary so much from shot to shot.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Unless you only plan to shoot the pistol at longer ranges make certain you get a scope with an adjustable objective or turrent adjustment for parallex.

At shorter ranges - less than 75 or 50 yards - the parallex can be terrible with a pistol scope since your head position can vary so much from shot to shot.
    Another reason I like the red dot sights on revolvers. No parallex to worry about.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Scope

That is an amazing looking piece. If it's from the S&W Performance Center, it's going to be a very accurate. Believe it or not, I would recommend one of the new Weaver pistol scopes. They are very rugged with excellent optics and are very forgiving as far as eye placement is concerned. The scopes are very clear. Enjoy your hand cannon.

Default choices

Suggest looking at Ultradot red dot 1" tube, or the Bushnell 3200 2X6 scope. Works for me on 629s.