Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

It seems that my barnes manual has sprouted legs and dissapeared! I just picked up a box of .358 225gr triple shocks and now I cant find my darn manual anywhere. I was sondering if someone out there could look in theirs and tell me what they say for a starting and max load for 35 whelen 225gr triple shocks and RL-15. I have already figured out my coal, and when I went to start measuring powder, POOF!!!!! Like a fart in the wind- GONE!!!!! Maybe my wife is trying to drop hints..................

Default Web sit?

Did you try there web site? I don't have a manual for them so I'm not much help! http://www.barnesbullets.com/information/load-data/

Jake

My wife moves stuff around too. At least now I know I'm not alone.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

My Barnes #2 suggests 56.0 grains of RL 15 as a starting load at 2532 FPS. Max load is listed at 60.0 grains at 2713 FPS. This data is for the 35 Whelen.

The previous data is for the 225 grain bullet!

Default barnes No. 3

Data from the No. 3 manual is the same as the No. 2 good luck...Ronnie

Default Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!! I loaded a bunch of 220gr speer hot cores last night and looked some more for my book- nothing. Guess Ill just HAVE to get the #4 now!!!! Now, I still have about an hour before I go to the range, and my powder measure is still set up, she will understand right?

Default Try this...

59.5 grains of your RL-15. And go here and see the results...
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=22485

scroll down the page to my post with pic and check it out. I wrote on the target that it was "59.15" grains, but I misprinted that. It is in fact 59.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Whelenator View Post
    59.5 grains of your RL-15. And go here and see the results...
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=22485

scroll down the page to my post with pic and check it out. I wrote on the target that it was "59.15" grains, but I misprinted that. It is in fact 59.5.
    Well the comment on the target says it all, "how do I improve this?" That is absolutely awesome! You said that was out of a 700 CDL right? Is it factory? I have a Ruger #1 that is all factory and I kept getting the occasional flyer, but I think it was me since im not used to the rifle. Thanks for the help!

Jimmy