Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gas prices

Default gas prices

when you fill up do you feel like this?
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/photos/Copy%20of%20gas%20for%20amricans.jpg[/IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\photos

You can't link to a photo on your own hard drive... no one else can get to it. Use the "manage attachments" button in the additional options when you're posting and actually attach the picture. Or you can link to the picture if it is hosted online somewhere else (on a website).
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

sorry messed this 1 up see other 1 same title

I felt like that last night when I saw the prces went up almost 10 cents
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Gas prices in Whittier

You know it will really hurt if you have to fuel up at the dock.

I am putting a lock on my fuel cap as there are more boats being drained by theives!

At this rate I will be sitting home a little more this summer.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    At this rate I will be sitting home a little more this summer.
    Same here. Looks like I will be working on the honey to do list thsi summer.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Gas....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Same here. Looks like I will be working on the honey to do list thsi summer.
    I can almost justify the gas for the boat, but the fuel for my diesel truck.........well that's a little harder. Thank God I have a wife who also loves to hunt and fish.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

What happened to the 2 and 3 cent increases in gas price? Now it is always a 10 cent increase.

I'll be spending more time this summer fishing some of the local lakes than running the rivers or exploring PWS. My forays into the ocean will be mainly for catching fish and not cruising.

From what I can tell the price of gas might get up to $4.50/gallon this summer. Told my wife the other day we need to get a sail boat.

I was talking to a mokai owner the other day and he said that he gits 8 hours on 3 gallons! He claims the thing will cruise 15-18 mph! The best part is as long as you run upstream you can paddle the thing back empty.

What gets me is BP and Conaco Philips both had record quarters again. Many of us work here on the slope and have not received any type of raise cost of living or anything in a few years. As a mater of fact it is like a witch hunt up here thinning peaple out. I work for one of the many contractors not the oil company. I work here for the time off but last hitch off I had to spend most of my time hanging at home as the price of fuel killed most of the paycheck. It just makes me wonder where it will end I just hope it is not selling the boat and having to join a sewing club

Default No more day trips for me.....

No more dropping and pulling pots in a day. Gonna have to keep trips to 2 days or longer to bring the average down. Also thinking about storing truck/boat in either in Whittier or Kenai and shuttling down with my 30mpg 4cylinder commuter.

I'm thinking quite a few fishing trips will be with buddies so opperating costs can be split 2, 3 or 4 ways.

Diesel is definately killing me, about $150 to fill up the truck, but fuel savings aren't quite to the point of making a commuter vehicle pay.

I guess I won't be complaining about tunnel, launching and parking fees, that's peanuts compared to fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    What gets me is BP and Conaco Philips both had record quarters again. Many of us work here on the slope and have not received any type of raise cost of living or anything in a few years. As a mater of fact it is like a witch hunt up here thinning peaple out. I work for one of the many contractors not the oil company. I work here for the time off but last hitch off I had to spend most of my time hanging at home as the price of fuel killed most of the paycheck. It just makes me wonder where it will end I just hope it is not selling the boat and having to join a sewing club

nothing like a good witch hunt! man that brings back some good memories.. only the rich folk can afford to leave the house anymore.. the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.. so how long will the rich folks be able to leave still?

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    What happened to the 2 and 3 cent increases in gas price? Now it is always a 10 cent increase.......
    Yup. Each time I fill up it has gone up 5 to 10 cents from the last time.

I'm not too upset. Both freezers are freshly stuffed full, the root celler has cases of fish canned last year, and I have plenty of honey-do's that I've been procrastinating on, anyway.

By this time next year the price will have come back down, or there will have been a revolution.

Either sounds good to me.................

I filled up my truck last night 24.6gal. it was close to $90. when i bought my car in 03 it was $18 to fill it up and now it's $39 i know it's not much and alot of people would die for that cost of a full tank but that's not the point it's doubled + some and it's getting rediculous if only the car could pull the boat

Default Just you wait

Until the price of Oil hits 200/barrel as all the analysts are predicting! Wouldn't be so bad, if, like Europe, we had healthcare/prescriptions covered by our tax money. But add the price of our fuel, to the price of healthcare, and add the fact that our country is soooo spread apart; and we are spending much more to get by.
    Anyone see Leno last night? Had a blurb about how the Dem's are saying that "drilling in ANWR won't do anything to solve our crisis as it will take at least 10 years to get the oil to market? Isn't that what they said 10 years ago? "
    Made me laugh rauciously anyway.....

Question Scary

There has always been a push to get the world to use less fuel, but has it really ever happened? Now making it "unaffordable" to buy gas has forced people to actually cut back! Could this be some sort of "master plan" by the greenies? Did someone figuer out that making it "unaffordable" is the way to impact the driving habbits of the population when nothing else seemed to work? How do the oil companies continue to thrive? How does the government let it happen when everyone knows that high fuel prices hurt the economy? I don't want to discuss sail rigging or keel weight on this forum. I want to overload my diesel with guns and camping gear, and overweight my boat with dead things. I intentionally didn't have children so I could afford more things with motors!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    Thank God I have a wife who also loves to hunt and fish.
    If I had one like that life might be good.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Today

I topped of the tank today at the harbor in Valdez. It was $131 for 30 gallons ($4.29?).

Ouch!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

hey dave is that a diesel motor on your boat? if not i am glad my truck can tow my boat with a full tank. i am looking forward to fishing just not the price at the pump. had to replace exhaust manifold already, but the parts were free i just had to do the labor. so far this year is starting out good, just waiting for the water to calm down where i can run to knight passage. i have met a few people on here and cant wait to meet them and go fishing. will have a busy summer and hope to fill both my freezers again this year. good luck fishing all. jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast