Thread: Wasilla Lake ice out

Default Wasilla Lake ice out

We went down the other day and smashed a bunch of the ice out by the resort if anyone needed to get down and run their boat.

Default Finger

I got mine backed in at finger yesterday AM.

ya we almost busted enough ive to get out to the channel at wasilla it should be there today

Can you take a power boat out at Wasilla Lake? How do you get to the boat launch?

Mat-su resort off of bogard rd has a launch but I havn't been there in about 12 years so my info is dated!

There was a brand new sport john at Finger lake last night breaking in the motor on the trailer. The jet cleared out quite a bit of ice as it ran. That is where I am taking my boat tonight

I'll probably head to finger lake tomorrow. Would like to see some water run through the jet and hear the engine run before heading into PWS in a weekend or two. Let us know how it goes tonight.

I just saw somebody running a pretty big boat on Wasilla Lake. I don't know where the launch is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    I just saw somebody running a pretty big boat on Wasilla Lake. I don't know where the launch is, though.
    I do. It is at the Mat-Su Resort. Bring your waders as there is no dock. I didn't drive by Wasilla Lake tonight on the way home - took Seldon instead. Did Wasilla Lake open up today?