Thread: Attention Merchant Mariners !!!!

Default Attention Merchant Mariners !!!!

Not sure if this goes with the terrorism post or if it is old news but it was new news to me.

In case you hold any merchant Mariner credentials , I stoped by the CG today and they told me that The new office for the TWIC department will be down by sheep creek ,They also said you have to come in twice the first time to get finger printed then you have to wait 6-8 week to come back to get your license . I would of never found out about this new license unless I went in to ask a question and saw the "NOTICE" posting But they said they mailed it out to everybody that has a 6-pac or any credentials, That must of been eveybody but me then. Need to have it by Sept 25 2008

Here is the link they gave me

www.tsa.gov/twic

TWIC Hotline (866) 347-8942
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default twic

this is the transportation worker identification credential, now required of all merchant mariners and anyone else that will be entering a secured port for work etc. (applies to truck drivers too) On the TSA website you can pre-enroll and then go to your local TWIC office to do the fingerprinting etc. I guess all the hassle to get your MMD including the background check etc. wasn't good enuf for the feds. Just another example that Big Brother is here.....

Default Transportation Worker ID

I would rather have Big Brother watching than Osama Bin Laden since I'm up to nothing that is bad! Look on and laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not sure if this goes with the terrorism post or if it is old news but it was new news to me.

In case you hold any merchant Mariner credentials , I stoped by the CG today and they told me that The new office for the TWIC department will be down by sheep creek ,They also said you have to come in twice the first time to get finger printed then you have to wait 6-8 week to come back to get your license . I would of never found out about this new license unless I went in to ask a question and saw the "NOTICE" posting But they said they mailed it out to everybody that has a 6-pac or any credentials, That must of been eveybody but me then. Need to have it by Sept 25 2008

Here is the link they gave me

www.tsa.gov/twic

TWIC Hotline (866) 347-8942

You must have a typo there, did you mean SHIP creek. the website you gave shows it will be in Anchorage. here's the link where I found the info. http://twicinformation.tsa.dhs.gov/t...earchAction.do
    Boatless

Thumbs down Twic

There's also going to be in Niliski, but its not going to open until Mid July, I will wait to get mine next year, since it does not go into effect until Sept. 28. It will be good for 5 years.
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    You must have a typo there, did you mean SHIP creek. the website you gave shows it will be in Anchorage. here's the link where I found the info. http://twicinformation.tsa.dhs.gov/t...earchAction.do

Yep "Ship Creek" I was talking to a buddy about taking another run up Sheep creek with the airboats just before I posted.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default twic

the latest from TSA is that the implementation will be extended until April for selected ports. I assume this is for ports that are coming online late. check the TSA website for more info....