Thread: Huligan Gear?

Default Huligan Gear?

I'm going to go after huligan for the first time this year. I have no idea what kind of gear I need. I already have a good pair of waders, what else do I need to get them. I am on a pretty tight budget so Im only after the things I really need. Thanks for any advice.

Default Hooligan

This is really tempting, like sending my little brother snipe hunting. (All you need is a flashlight and a bag man).

No really,

Hooligan net (B & J's or Sportsman's warehouse)
    Warm waders
    neoprene gloves (hands get cold)
    a bucket
    a tide table
    a car to get to 20 mile river
    lunch

Check out the dip netting section in the fishing forum for this there is a lot of information right now on hooligan. When you get there watch what others are doing.

good luck.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    This is really tempting, like sending my little brother snipe hunting. (All you need is a flashlight and a bag man).

No really,

Hooligan net (B & J's or Sportsman's warehouse)
    Warm waders
    neoprene gloves (hands get cold)
    a bucket
    a tide table
    a car to get to 20 mile river
    lunch

Check out the dip netting section in the fishing forum for this there is a lot of information right now on hooligan. When you get there watch what others are doing.

good luck.
    This is assuming that you are a resident. If not you either need to hit the salt water with a sabiki rig ot the fresh water with fewer hooks.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Anyone actually use a rod and reel for them? I had thought about giving it a try.