Thread: Sako bolt.

Default Sako bolt.

I have a friend looking for a bolt for a Sako Finnbear, .270. Any suggestions on where to get one?

kingfisherktn

Default Sako

He'll most likely have to return the rifle to the manufacturer for a replacement. They will have to have the rifle to check the headspace and install. Probably just the barrelled action only.
    A phone call to SAKO might be very helpful.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    I have a friend looking for a bolt for a Sako Finnbear, .270. Any suggestions on where to get one?

kingfisherktn

Let's see, how should I put this......You're SOL.

The factory is in Finland. You can't ship it. The importer of that rifle, Garcia, is no longer in business. The current importer, Beretta, won't do it. Your best bet would be to try to find someone with some parts or salvaged parts from the older guns.

The Sako Finnbear is their name for the long action (30-06 length) gun which is on the L61R action. This gun was made from 1961 until 1979 then with a slight modification was called the A-V (A five) action. Bolts would be quite different between the two. You need a bolt for a Sako L61 R action, standard, non-magnum, bolt head. I think I know of a guy who still has some parts, I'll see if I have contact info for him.

I've gotta ask.....How the heck did you loose the bolt for a rifle??!
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Murphy:

Will send email for explanation.

kingfisherktn

Default bolt

back home (especially at hotwells) when it was time to go downrange and post targets, we would take the bolts out of the rifles and pocket them in order to keep sticky fingered individuals from walking off with a rifle. when pistols were present, someone always stayed behind to watch the gear.

I needed a bolt for a L61R,I put an advertisment in shotgun news and had one in a week.$70! My advertisment stated I preffered a bolt only but would consider a complete action.Dosn't hurt to try,it worked for me.

Forum Sponsor

Default Sako Bolt

I just ordered a Bolt from Sako last week and got it in the other day. Tell you friend to stop by my shop and I can order him one too.

Alaska Custom Firearms
    Click on the link at the top for directions.

Thanks for the help.

Suntiet:

I sent you a PM.

kingfisherktn

Default need Sako Finnbear 30-06 bolt

Can you help me with this? thanks!
    --sisukas

kingfisherktn

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

kingfisherktn

I have one in 7mm rem mag.... and love it dearly...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by suntiet View Post
    I just ordered a Bolt from Sako last week and got it in the other day. Tell you friend to stop by my shop and I can order him one too.

Alaska Custom Firearms
    You have a bolt for a Sako L61 action. From where did you get this bolt? You ordered a new bolt for a Sako rifle made in the 1960's?? Do tell.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by suntiet View Post

Alaska Custom Firearms
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    You have a bolt for a Sako L61 action. From where did you get this bolt? You ordered a new bolt for a Sako rifle made in the 1960's?? Do tell.

Oh i am interested in this also... i was told years ago that if my bolt failed i would be DONE with this sako... hence the transition to my 300 win..

i shot my first everything with this rifle.. and would love to have it in full time use with no fear...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Numrich Gun Parts Corp

This may be a long shot but give Numrich Gun Parts Corp a call @ 866 686-7424, here is there website link too: http://www.e-gunparts.com/
    read somewhere either on their website or in their hardcopy catalog that if a particular part is not listed then a customer can call them with the inquiry. Goodluck