Thread: Elliot Highway Grizzly

Default Elliot Highway Grizzly

Was wondering if anyone has any input on hunting grizz (spot and stalk) from the Elliot between the Livengood turnoff and Minto. Maybe around the Sawtooth Mountain Area? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Thats not very good country for hunting griz IMO. I know of some guys having griz on black bear baits in that stretch, but cant count on one finger how many griz have been killed in that area on spot and stalk. But heck, it is Alaska anything can happen!

There are tons of Grizz up there. ( I used to bait up there until someone decided to bait my stand before i could get to it.). The problem is finding them. It's a highly wooded area, so spotting them is going to be hard if not impossible. There are tons of trails to take a wheeler down but your going to run into at least one bait staiton if not more down every single one of them. If you are hunting with a partner you could always try calling. I tried it for black bear last year since the baiting didn't work for me. I called a couple grizz in one day.Grizz weren't open at the time. Just be ready, when they come there gona find what was making the noise. Good luck and have fun.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Awesome, thanks for the help. I heard that most of the road was wooded but once you got up around Alpine Pass and Sawtooth Mountain it opened up into Alpine Tundra. Going to go try that area maybe later this week, not sure about the snow level up there. I will post how things went when I get back. Thanks Again!!

As of this last weekend there was at least 3 feet of snow on top just South of Ptarmagin Summit....and still snowing. Have fun....

Default steese highway

I would try steese many areas to get off road mile 101 eagle summit minining roads just past eagle summit all are good areas. to spot and stalk.