Thread: AGW Rifle .375 H&H

Default AGW Rifle .375 H&H

Just received a rifle that I bought from a hunter from the lower 48, he used to live up here in Alaska for 30 years. He told me the rifle was built in 1997 by Arctic Gunworks. It is a 375 H&H built on a RH Interarms Mark X Magnum Action, 25 inch Shilen stainless steel barrel, trigger looks like it is a modified original, NECG front sight with pull up ivory bead, NECG QD peep sight for Weaver style base, London Guns drop box magazine w/straddle floorplate, 3-position Winchester type safety, London Guns barrel band. Barreled action is Arctic Koted with a matte black finish. Leupold QRW bases and rings were included. I don't know what brand of stock the barreled action is mounted in, but after removing the barreled action from the stock and looking at bedding work. I could tell that it was very well done. Stock also has a Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil pad installed. LOP is 13 3/4". Rifle came with a Kahles Helia Super 4X steel tube scope with German #4 reticle. Bulter Creek scope covers were also included. Can't wait to take the rifle out and shoot some rounds. My son has already been admiring the rifle.

Wow! That's a great rifle you have there, and not a bad caliber either.

Speaking of Arctic Gun Works, I stopped by there the other day and he showed me the very first rifle ever made in a new caliber. The barrel was stamped 358 Nukalpiaq. Is that a coincidence or what? It was just a barreled action with I think barrel band, no sights or stock yet. I can't wait to wring that caliber out. I got some good news from Hornady the other day, also. They are now making 375 Ruger basic brass. This is annealed and unnecked brass for those nuts who have been making wildcats based on this cartridge. I may have had an effect with all my proding and cajoling with them for this precious commodity.

Now if we only had dies.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks, the hunter who sold me the AGW rifle was very pleased that it was returning back to Alaska.
    Sounds like Mr. Junk is building a very fine Alaskan rifle there Murphy, and in 35 caliber too. You know I always thought the 35 caliber had potential to become a great caliber up here in Alaska.
    When will Hornady have the brass available for customers? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nukalpiaq View Post
    Thanks, the hunter who sold me the AGW rifle was very pleased that it was returning back to Alaska.
    Sounds like Mr. Junk is building a very fine Alaskan rifle there Murphy, and in 35 caliber too. You know I always thought the 35 caliber had potential to become a great caliber up here in Alaska.
    When will Hornady have the brass available for customers? Thanks

I have some brass on order from Graf now and should be here within a week. It is HRN 8674 if you want to order some. More later.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks, found the brass on their website. For anyone interested in seeing a pic of the AGW 375 H&H, I attached a photo.
    Last edited by Nukalpiaq; 05-06-2008 at 23:15.

Default Reloading Dies

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Now if we only had dies.
    Murphy,
    By the way what is the latest word on the Redding reloading dies for the 358 Nukalpiaq? Thanks