Thread: Homer Black Bears

Default Homer Black Bears

Has anyone got any advice on bear hunting out of homer? I am heading up on the 12th with a local guy i work with but he has never hunted bear from there.He got a few ideas thru the local fish and game but would appreciate some help if anyone has any.

Default Jackoloff Bay

I've never hunted down there and don't know if you have access to a boat but I've seen a lot of bears over in Jackoloff Bay, and in Seldovia across the Bay from Homer.

Default Homer

I agree with Catfish. Look between Halibut Cove & Jakolof Bay if you have access to a boat. However, I believe there are more then a few people that hunt this area. Good luck.

The Biggest Black Bear I Have Ever Seen Was Taken In Tuka Bay... Also Guys Like To Hunt The Bradley Lake Area There Is A Road That Goes Up From The Lake.....good Huntin

There is also a lot of private and native land out there too so be sure you know where you are hunting. Last year, I called several native corporations asking for permission to hunt their land out there. The only yes I got was for hunting Jackoloff Bay and they wanted a $50.00 trespass fee per person.

Thumbs up kachemak bay state park

there are nearly 400,000 acres of public land across the bay from homer.
    plenty of hunting opportunities, but not many places you can glass from a boat.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

We are going to be in a boat with a zodiac towed behind.I guess we will start across the bay by sadie cove and just start looking thanks for the help.