Thread: CheaperThenDirt shipping

Default CheaperThenDirt shipping

I had a rude awakening recently. I know some vendors jack up their shipping but last week I decided to get a couple items from CheaperThenDirt on a friend's recommendation. I found the several small items I wanted, but when I checked out, I found that they only ship via UPS or Fedex top shipping, like 2nd Day and Overnight, which is really expensive. When I called them about it, I got some run-around about how if they went a less expensive way like parcel post or Priority(?) it could take up to a month! I couldn't believe the B.S. this guy was putting out. I, uh, diplomatically explained to him the cr*p he was slinging didn't reach it's target, then bid him a fond fairwell. Luckily there are many better places to deal with online.

I recently had a company quote me 3000.00 to ship 5 small boxes of bullnose tile overnight express. I asked them if they could do it a little cheaper since it was only 195.00 worth of tile. Then I was qoted 1500.00 for 2 day air.

I hung up!!

Best one I've heard when I wanted it quick was, "But UPS doesn't go to AK sir."
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    I had a rude awakening recently. I know some vendors jack up their shipping but last week I decided to get a couple items from CheaperThenDirt on a friend's recommendation. I found the several small items I wanted, but when I checked out, I found that they only ship via UPS or Fedex top shipping, like 2nd Day and Overnight, which is really expensive. When I called them about it, I got some run-around about how if they went a less expensive way like parcel post or Priority(?) it could take up to a month! I couldn't believe the B.S. this guy was putting out. I, uh, diplomatically explained to him the cr*p he was slinging didn't reach it's target, then bid him a fond fairwell. Luckily there are many better places to deal with online.
    "Way to go".
    If they won't ship U.S. Mail, I let'em keep it. End of story.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.