Thread: delta junction

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default delta junction

well i just committed to a job on fort greely starting next week and lasting until september. wondering if i should bring my boat with or leave it here in anchorage to hit whittier on the big holidays. we will be working big hours but ill have sundays off so i was thinking maybe some burbot fishing out of the tanana, ive been up the salcha fishing for grayling which is ok, very pretty river. didnt really see alot of action on the goodpaster as far as fish go. what do you guys think?

Default Quarts Lake

You can fish Quarts lake.

Lightbulb Dilemma

That's a tough one.
    Sure be nice to hit the big water when you're home. But a guy likes having a boat when he is in country.

Sounds like you need to buy another boat.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Bring it with you. You have the Salcha, Goodpaster, Delta/Clearwater rivers. Paxson lake is 100 miles (there is awsome grayling and rainbow fishing where the Gulkana flows out of the lake), and on the long weekends you can go to Valdez.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default no can do on the other boat

paxson is an idea for lakers and burbot but with gas prices the way they are i dont really want to tow the boat to valdez. id tow to whittier though on the big weekends cause the kids will be here at home. may as well meet everyone near the household so not everyone is scrambling to go out and have a good time.

Default Valdez

Why not store the boat in Valdez. It costs me $25 a month. When you need it just drive to Valdez put it in the water and go fishing. The place I store my boat, and a couple of trailers is Valdez U drive.

anyone know if birch lake is broken up yet as of 8 may 2008???

I was a Birch on May 4 and the ice was still solid, and the ice had not started to pull away from the shore.