Thread: Chitina Dipnet Charter

Default Chitina Dipnet Charter

Anyone have a recomendation for a charter boat to dipnet the Copper River this June for Reds? I want to get dropped off, stay over night, and morning pick up. How much would something like that cost? Thanks.

Captain Kim's Good Time Charters.

Default Mark Hem - Hem Charters

Mark and his family have been operating out of O'Brien Creek forever (Well at least for the last 17 years I have gone) Mark is good guy and from my experience always tries to set you on a good hole and provides a little guidance to those who need it so you are productive and quick with the harvest. I am not sure what he is going to be charging this year, but with fuel costs as they are I'm sure it will go up a bit. Well worth it in my mind.

-hiker
    "Happiness is a warm gun - bang bang, shoot shoot!"
    -Lennon/McCartney

Thumbs up chitina charters Hem Dipnet Charters

Mark is good at what he does. He can be reached at 823-2200 during business hours. Have fun

Captian Kim's Good time Charters,Highly recommended !

Captain Kim's does the fishing from the boat, and Hem drops you off right? Any reason why one would be better than the other?

My experience has been that the fish run stronger at night, I'd opt for getting dropped off and picked up in the morning.

Dipnetting from a boat is alot more action packed.It also takes alot less time to get your limit, if that's a factor.I go with captian kim every year and have a great time.I've always got my limit within a few hours which is nice when you have 30-40 fish to clean and put away.

pike-it-alot: what time of year do you usually fish with Captain Kim? I've got a trip with him on July 6...never done the Chitina before, really looking forward to it.

Nick
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

I've fished from the bank before, done really well, and done ok.

If you're fishing from a boat, is there a better chance of limiting out even if you don't hit the run with perfect timing? Based on the fact that you can move around, you're not limited as much by water levels (like you are when fishing from the shore), do these factors improve your chances compared to fishing from the shore? I plan on being up there around the middle of June.

You mention that fishing from a boat is more action packed, why is that?
    I thought that being dropped off for an overnighter tied to the rocks would be pretty action packed?

Thanks for the help.

One way things can get exciting in a boat is when there are 4 people with nets in the water and 3 of them get a king in the net at the same time. Another source of excitement is when you hit the run and put 2 limits of fish in the boat in an hour.
    I have experienced both.

Lastsplash hit it right on the money.Once you get the feel for it you can count the fish going into your net and pull up 3,4 or more reds at a time and that's a blast.I normally go sometime in the last two weeks of July.

It sounds like you have a better chance then of getting a lot of fish when you are on the boat.

We are planning on going mid June, that's when I've fished in the past and done ok to awesome. You guys ever gone in June from a boat?

I also was thinking about trying the boat thing. Do you make reservations or just show up? What is the cost? Have a number?

Thanks

Troy