Thread: Need Flight Instruction @ Birchwood

Default Need Flight Instruction @ Birchwood

Hey Guys,

I just stumbled upon the forum and thought I would make a quick post. I just joined the flying club out at Birchwood with the two Citabrias and am trying to find a good instructor that fits my needs.

I currently have 25 hours of time in a 152 that I completed a few years back with the Georgia Tech Flying Club. I just moved up to AK in January and am looking to finish up my private as soon as possible. I work a 2on/2off slope rotation and want to fly as much as possible during my time off. I'm available any day of the week, any time of day when I'm home.

The only stipulations set forth by the club regarding instructors are that they have at least 500 hours total time and 25 hours in the make/model (Citabria 7GCBC). I'm trying to find someone with good tailwheel experience and a flexible schedule. If you fit this description or know someone who does please let me know asap. I return from the slope on 5/7 and would love to start flying again asap.

Thanks,
    Chris

Default maybe

Herb Hubbard used to instruct in a citabria out of merrill. I heard he's done, but worth asking. Or what about the "unusual attitudes" guy at merrill?

Default Herb is gone

Only person I know is Bill Billingsly out of palmer, I have a 7GCBC and he did my insurance checkout. There are alot of people with tail wheel experience, but finding someone with actual hours in a 7GCBC is hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Only person I know is Bill Billingsly out of palmer, I have a 7GCBC and he did my insurance checkout. There are alot of people with tail wheel experience, but finding someone with actual hours in a 7GCBC is hard to find.
    Do you have any contact info for him?

Default PM

sent you a PM, check your box

Smile Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Only person I know is Bill Billingsly out of palmer, I have a 7GCBC and he did my insurance checkout.
    Yes you did and I asked about you as I am flying with Bill for my PPL there in Palmer. He said you did pretty well I don't know what he does other than flying but I have the online schedule for him as he does not seem to busy. I am trying to go 3 or 4 times a week ( **** Weather) and he say's things will be picking up over there pretty quick.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!