Thread: Boat value?

Default Boat value?

I was planning on getting new ATV's this year but a boat has been in the back of my mind for a while! I don't know diddly about used boat prices so i thought I would toss a link to the add here and see what yall thought.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/659560229.html

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I was planning on getting new ATV's this year but a boat has been in the back of my mind for a while! I don't know diddly about used boat prices so i thought I would toss a link to the add here and see what yall thought.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/659560229.html

It says negotiable offer him $5K. It is 15 years old. $6.5k to me would be more inline. Look good at hull and for any sign of leaks or corrision buildup and hours on motor. Getting ready for a rebuild???????

You can look at NADA boat blue book at the library or banks might let you look at theirs.

Default be careful

with these so-called appraisers in Alaska. We were looking at a 28ft Carver that supposedly appraised at 125K. He was willing to reduce it to 82K!

We later found the same exact same boat on boattraders for 42K! We later found out a carver was not the quality of boat we wanted.

Don't limit yourself to Alaska in your search.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Most people up here only put about 60-80 hours of use on there motors in a good year. Those older 2 strokes can easily hit 2,500 hours before needing any serious work.
    I used to own a 150 Yamaha jet that was really old and it never had any work done to it and it ran great.
    If the motor is not EFI it will most likely suck a lot of gas. Not a huge concern if you are only doing short day trips with it. I would suspect you would average maybe 2 mph in this rig, maybe less if you needed to run it hard due to the river and loaded weight of the boat. Those twin saddle tanks take up an aweful lot of interior space.
    Ice will be out soon on the lakes around Wasilla or Big Lake. If you can't wait you can always pop down to the launch at Ship Creek and do a test run. If you like what you see and hear I would offer $5,000 cash and sit on the offer for a couple days or so if he makes a counter offer and go from there.
    Good luck.
    Tennessee

My opinion is - my friend had a the same setup a few years ago. It will suck gas. It is a big heavy jet boat that will go fast and put you way up on the sandbar. The price is maybe ok depending on hours on engine and overall care. For sure test drive it if you are a boat guy it will tell you if its what you need.

Well I never heard back on the other boat so I sent this guy an email. The boat looks like it would be more comfortable for the wife which means she will want to go out more! we will see. I have heard a lot of good things about these boats from ghosting in this part of the forum. The NADA doesn't provide much about the value of these boats it just states that they are custom built and no value is available.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/660406490.html

that 17.5 wooly is a great boat, i have the 20.5 model with the 200 hp. merc. the price seems to be about right on and my wife loves my boat which is a major plus, i think she thinks it's her boat. these boats sell fast so dont wait to long. if you want more info, contact [super sport drifter], he knows all anybody should know about these woolys and/or go to their website. good luck.

I am going to check it out right after work. If it looks as good as the picture I will be contacting my bank today. I am going to appologize in advance cause if I get it I will be asking a LOT of noob questions!

As a rule of thumb. Boats value decrease on average 3% a year. This was explained to me at Dewey's. Along wiht Aluminum goes up 5% a year.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I just got the loan pre-approval (Pending appraisal).... I am going to look at the boat here shortly... So if it look good then I may be looking for someone to show me around (throw in on Gas).