Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Wink What's wrong with this picture?

Training, training, training......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Magazine looks as if it is in backwards to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dorm View Post
    Magazine looks as if it is in backwards to me.
    BINGO! I wonder if she has seen the pic yet and if so, the ribbing at the station has to be in full swing.

Makes me wonder if she posed for the photo after the fact.

I am thinking that for five reasons,

1. The flaming idiot has the magazine in backwards.
    2. She is standing up above her cover, thus making herself a big target.
    3. Her finger is far out of the trigger guard, OK for the range or if there is no immediate threat, but not if you are really on an armed target.
    4. There is no-way that she could have a round chambered.
    5. This was a long standoff and she is not wearing any extra body armor.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Red face

The magazine is also up side down isn't it? You can tell she is poised and ready for the offensive and the trigger finger is ready, when the signal is given,.......to drop the magazine on the ground.?!@#!?

Do ya' think that shot was staged after the operation was over?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

That's hilarious. Probably has equal training with her pistol, too! LOL.

DITTO TO ALL THAT HAS BEEN SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Somebody please tell me that there is some new fangled sort of a magazine that just looks like it is in backwards and the officer isn't that far off base. Great post meat_purveyor.

That pic has been around for a while (shame they cut off the date), I'm sure by now shes been teased by everyone thats knows her. In addition to the backwards mag, she got a bad case of chicken wing.

She got out of bed that morning and put her underwear on backwards then burnt the toast. She shoulda called in sick but went to work anyway. Danged PMS! Lucky for her partner she got the clip in bass ackwards or he'd prolly be dead!

Did Barney Fife have any kids?

It looks like its been photoshopped. She has some kind of alien long fingers and it looks like her finger is actually on the trigger also.

Dont know what chicken wing is. Maybe she learned how to shoot from the International hunter education association. It looks like her stance is very good.

I also think the magazine is upside down. She may have a 20 rounder in the mag well and an empty 40? rounder attached to it. There is a clip that can be used to attach two mags together for the M-16 type rifle.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

This gal uses a clip to sister two mags together as well as duct tape.

[img] http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020kHtB...israel38ro.jpg [/img]
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default too funny

I really hope the training department is hiring. Read the article. Neighbors say he was shot in the thigh. I wonder how many magazines they went through to score a hit. Maybe he just shot himself in the thigh so they would stop making all that racket.

Default RMiller's right...

The mag could be upside down & backwards by tatical choice, not by idiocy, we did this in the Infantry to maximize response time to empty mags...tape two mags together, facing opposite directions & then when you run out, just flip the mag & you have yourself another 30 rounds, with out reaching into your ammo pouch...

The arm sticking straight out looks awkward. Its much more comfortable (for me anyway) to tuck in the right arm more, especially with a pistol grip equipped firearm.

we did this in the Infantry to maximize response time to empty mags...tape two mags together, facing opposite directions & then when you run out, just flip the mag & you have yourself another 30 rounds
    A few of my guys tried that a couple of times ..It was worth lots of push-ups.

There was a time when you could find photos of folks doing that with M-1 /M-2 carbine magazines and M-1 Thompson magazines. It works well in buildings and for photo fun.
    HOWEVER,
    It also makes your spare magazine useless after you dive into the dirt or mud while making yourself a smaller target. The feed end of the supposedly spare magazine is quickly jammed full of mud.

Even on a nice dry paved runway surface, the feed lips of the spare magazine are usually damaged.

The 30 round M-16 / M-4 magazine is already so long that firing low prone often causes the troops to dig the bottom of their magazine into the dirt. Adding a few more inches with an inverted magazine just makes it worse. Plus it adds more weight hanging on the magazine latch. And we all know that the magazine is usually the weak point of the M-16 series rifle while in the field.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Oops!

1) No Cover
    2) Arm out - gets blown off. Tucked in arm and more straight on position rather than blade on to reduce chance of bullet in arm hole... that has happened.
    3) Magazine - may be tandemed.. but too large a capacity for tactical work... are we expecting human wave attacks?
    4) Rifle should not be pointed fully ahead... suggest intermediate or low guard... can't see what is below point of aim in her position. You're right... rifle up is with finger on trigger.
    5) Obviously, never was a Marine.

Judging from the way she's holding that thing I'm guessing she's not used to hitting much. I doubt she's had much training. She looks like she's never held that gun before.

Default Try to be fair...

If you'll zoom in on the photo, you'll see the magazine is not only upside-down and backwards, but it is also empty. And this isn't an obvious "photoshop" job either. The magazine is only inserted into the mag well about 1/4" or so... just enough to wedge it so that it won't fall out.

If I were to venture a WAG on this photo, it is a training scenario and the magazine is intentionally inserted this way so that all the players know it is an empty mag and the gun is not capable of loading from it. Could it be that this photo was pulled from archive photos for the story? NO, tell me the media wouldn't do such a thing!

Her finger is NOT on the trigger, it is straight out and resting on the magazine release button.

Her strong arm is in an appropriate position. The photo is taken from a low angle, which makes it look a little awkward, but she's holding the gun just right.

She's looking over the iron sights and through a reflex sight, which explains the muzzle-up, butt-down hold of the rifle.

The dust cover is open, so the action was most likely cycled. If this is a training photo, then the gun would have been cleared and probably taped. It may even be missing the firing pin... depends on the department's policies.

She's single... or doesn't wear her ring on the job.

Not all cops are "gun folks" and many "street cops" don't handle weapons with high proficiency. If the gun is in her hands, then she's been trained with it. Even though her hold is more Olympic and not very Tactical, she looks to know what she's got in her hands. Don't be so hard on such a photo when you have no idea of the background.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!