Thread: ruvimarrow Tikka T3 lite SS 30-06

Smile ruvimarrow Tikka T3 lite SS 30-06

Well i shot it today
    very very nice.
    first i would like to thank elmerkeithclone and Murphy for making this dream come true for me.
    elmerkeithclone thanks a lot for the rifle and for starting all this.
    Murphy thanks for making this all come together and for the great accesories.

I shot about 30 rounds out of it today and never had any problems.
    I thought it would kick a lot since it is so light weight but the kick was not big.
    and it cycled bullits great without jaming even when i worked the bolt slowly.

The scope which is awsome as you can see in photo is very clear and bright
    I only had to udjust it slightly.
    I am not shure if i should leave it but its shooting about 3 inches high at a 100 yrds so at 160 or 200 it will probably be dead on.
    I will have to experment again later
    Thanks again and hopfully these pictures show good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

here is the scope photo and onother of rifle
    by the way has anybody tried the accelerater bullits ?
    i shot some but do not know their effectnes on game
    mybe good for sheep since flat tragetory?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The accelerators are meant for varmints. The light bullet probably would not do very well on game. I think it would be a great wolf load. A good 150-180 grain bullet is all you need for any critter. I would suggest finding a good 180 grain bullet to use.

I load my own accelerators for the 30-06 and with a premium bullet they could be used for some game. The only real percieved advantage they have is speed. Scope adjustment will compensate for any load so they have no real advantage for trajectory. They will hit with the least amount of power of any load. I have used the 22-250 and 223 on deer and find them perfectly capable of killing game but they are definately a step down from a medium bore cartridge. Blood trails are sometimes nil and bullet construction is critical. I once shot some deer with 70 grain bullets out of the 22-250. A deer shot at 200 yards would be a nice pass through with a dime sized exit(like a mini 270 is how I thought about it) but a deer I shot through the shoulder at 15 yards had the bullet blow up and after an hour of walking a grid we finally found the deer. The bullet had blow up on the shoulder blade and the near lung was shredded but the far lung was intact there was no blood trail and the deer only went 50 yards.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

GREAT story! GREAT rifle/scope setup!! GREAT pics!!! GREAT to see ya wearing ear protection!!!!

til later

ruvimarrow, awesome outfit there. I'm sure you'll be shooting a lot of carribou and moose with itand maybe a few bears. This is a good thing to see.

Mark

Default almost done

there are still two more chapters left in this story.
    Next chapter: Harvest something (bear?) and post a good story with pics (and maybe grid coordinates)

Final chapter: Cherrish that awesome rifle and more importantly where it came from. Tell the story every chance you get.

What an awesome story.

Whats funny is that in one of my emails from Ruvim he mentioned something about needing to put on more muscle in order to shoot the 06. So not knowing Ruvim, I was picturing this skinny little kid and was worried if he could handle an 06 (he was pulling old elmer's leg)

Pictures don't lie. He's more than man enough for a 06. Dang Murphy we shoulda got him a 375HH. Ha!.................... Sorry Ruvim the 06 will have to do!

Don't worry i am very glad you chose 30-06
    main reason is because i can get the bullits way cheaper and i will be doing a lot of shooting out of it so i don't think i want to pay 2.50 or more a bullit

Being mostly a magnum lover I like the 30-06 because it is so easy to shoot. Probably why deep down my favorite is the 30-06's little brother, the 308 winchester. I was looking for a 308 when I found the 30-06 I have now. I could not pass up the deal and have no complaints.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Be careful

Let me caution you about hanging out with the likes of Murphy. Next he'll have you reloading your own and let me tell you from experience, It is highly adictive