Thread: Ammo for the Tikka T-3 LITE WSM..

Default Ammo for the Tikka T-3 LITE WSM..

For those of you that have this rifle, Tikka T-3 lite WSM .300 cal, what kind of ammo have you fed it and what does it seem to like? Brand, grain, style?

And has anyone seen 200-220grain bullets for this gun? All I could find was the 180gr. Picked up 3 box's Barnes 180gr MRX, Barnes 180gr. Triple shock x-bulet and Nosler 180gr. Accubond. All in Federal Premium.

Any thoughts?

Just me but I feel that the 300 WSM shoots better off with 168 grain and 180 grain bullets, with the 180s being the best choice if you want the heaviest. If I wanted to shoot bullets in the 200 to 220 range I would go for the 338 instead. Recoil is going to increase with the heavier bullets and mine kicks hard enough with the 180s. Not saying that it will not shoot them just may not be the best rifle for those weights.

Happy Shooting

Steve

And has anyone seen 200-220grain bullets for this gun? All I could find was the 180gr. Picked up 3 box's Barnes 180gr MRX, Barnes 180gr. Triple shock x-bulet and Nosler 180gr. Accubond. All in Federal Premium.

I have never seen anything heavier than 180 grain on shelves or listed by the major manufacturers. You will most likely have to roll your own if you want 200 or 220's. I have loaded 200 grain noslers with no problems.

I think the 180's will perform the best myself to, I just didnt see any on the shelf over 180gr. and thought it was strange. I searched on line last night and found 200/220gr. but they do not recomend it for the WSM, kinda load your own at your own risk.

I shot 180's only out of my other .300 and did just fine on all game.

I killed everything last year with a 165 TSX in my Kimber 300WSM and nothing went more than 50 yards! Will do the same this year.

Default mine likes A-frames

I loaded some 180 grain Swift A-Frames for mine and they shot about 1", which is plenty good for anything I plan on shooting at with an a-frame. I have also loaded 150 grain accubonds, and 165 grain hornady interbonds, with almost the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I killed everything last year with a 165 TSX in my Kimber 300WSM and nothing went more than 50 yards! Will do the same this year.
    TSX= Triple Shock X Bullet?