Thread: Spring Bear Pictures

Default Spring Bear Pictures

So where are all the great pictures of the Spring Bear shoot being shot in a couple of feet of snow???? Who were the winners??

Yes where are all the pics? Did someone loose the camera in the snow?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I pussed out. I stayed home and worked on my house. I find no joy shooting in the snow anymore.

Did not take my camera but went both days. First day had about 6" of snow on the ground. First hour there was a little snow falling out of the trees other than that it was good weather. Second day the trail was a little muddy and it was sunny. If you did not go you missed a great shoot.

Default winners

Michael Eichele won freestyle, Tim Schmiege 2nd

Harry Bates won BHFS with a higher score than Michael Eichele's. Tim Holt took second. I started the shoot with a zero on my first arrow (88 yard elk) and was never able to recover, despite a decent second day, and ended up 3 point down to Tim Holt. Harry shot incredibly both days, only dropping 18 points over 2 days (136 arrows). Note: one target was stolen so we skipped it both days, which explains why we didn't shoot 140 arrows.

Dwight Coppock won senior BHFS, Mike Stanell 2nd

My wife Jennifer won women's BHFS

John Lindgren won recurve/trad, Steve Strobbe second.

Kris Oganowski (spelling?) won female freestyle

Dale Pauling won freestyle limited

I don't remember the other categories. Hopefully we will have full results posted on the website soon.

The snow unfortunate but it really didn't bother all that much. It had stopped overnight, and the temperature was not that cold. The worst part was the snow falling from the trees the first half of Saturday. Sunday was great. Only a breeze kept it from being fantastic. Personally I had the most fun I've ever had at one of these. Awesome shoot, great folks; what better way to spend a weekend? Thanks to my wife, Dwight, Phil, and Robbie, who conspired to keep us all laughing, both days!

We're all looking forward to the state 3D shoot already!

Thanks for the scores and update.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up Pic's of 3D shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfool View Post
    So where are all the great pictures of the Spring Bear shoot being shot in a couple of feet of snow???? Who were the winners??
    I was in Fletcher's yesterday when a guy came in with 6-7 packages of photos. He walked the course both days of the shoot taking photos of everyone.. They really turned out great. Scott plans to scan them, put them into his computer and then have them rotating on and off of his screen all day at the shop. I didn't notice hardly anybody else with their own cameras, just this guy. Give Fletchers a call for your viewing pleasure, but ya better make it quick. Thay're all leaving for Redding really soon, if not already..