Thread: 09 Sheep hunt & Tony Russ books?

Default 09 Sheep hunt & Tony Russ books?

Looking into a sheep hunt in 09 with my old man. Not sure were just yet but I have time to plan, and do some reading. Has anyone read any of Tony Russ's books, on sheep hunting. Did they help you out any? Probably going to pick one up since I wasn't able to read the whole thing in my hour or so spent at Sportsmens.

I enjoyed "Sheep hunting in Alaska" but the stalking book was not as informative.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Both are great books. Sheep hunting AK is more about how to begin and stalking is more about after you have the basics down. In his stalking book he explains different approachs to get at sheep. I have read both and think they are worth the read. I will say his points on getting into shape are no joke. Get in your practice it will payoff in the end. Goodluck!

I highly recommend both books. I learned much from each. I even took the stalking book along and read it in the tent while we were weathered in for a day.

Default Books

Both are great, full of lots of information, don't think you'll go wrong getting them.

Default number one book is the best

have read both numerous times but i liked his first book way better, more informative