Thread: Ruger LCP

Default Ruger LCP

I picked up one of these for my wife. This is a fun little gun to shoot, and it fits into your pocket with no problems at all, makes it nice for CCW.
    Has anyone else got one yet? It took about a month or so for mine/hers to come in, but it was worth the wait.

Doug

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    I picked up one of these for my wife. This is a fun little gun to shoot, and it fits into your pocket with no problems at all, makes it nice for CCW.
    Has anyone else got one yet? It took about a month or so for mine/hers to come in, but it was worth the wait.

Doug
    I have some interest in them. If there's anything more you can tell, I'd like to hear it.

Like recoil, accuracy, point-ability, trigger, etc.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on it as well. I've been looking at Kel-Tec P3ATs for a while (which the LCP is almost a direct copy of), but I have a lot more faith in the Ruger name than I do in Kel-Tec.

I've got the P3at and I really like it. It's not a fun shooting range gun by any means. One thing I will say is get the finger hook mag base plate. It made a world of difference for me. The thing is so small without it, it really takes a death grip to hold onto. I think they do their job really well and are quite accurate actually.

Default I bought one at the sportsman show

from Boondocks. $259. It was a steal. I have not recieved it yet. I inquired about them and can't remember if it was the guys at boondocks or sportsmans warehouse, but they said they sold their Kel Tecs to get one of the ruger LCP's. After watching the video on rugers web site under the NEW LCP logo. Pretty cool. 9.4 ounces. They shoot it one handed. It had a better grip than the kel tecs for me. Plenty of room for trigger finger, some models was very tiny in the trigger area. They put 14 clips through each gun and no malfunctions. Gotta watch the video. The guys at SW said they think once the gun really gets out, ruger has an order of 90,000 already sold, that the price will jump.

Default Link

http://www.ruger.com/LCP/ I had to go look at it since I was talking about it. I think I am gonna like it. I know I will like it. Check it out.

There isn't much of a difference between the LCP or the P3AT..... I have the KelTec and there hasn't been so much as a hiccup with it. I wanted the LCP (wife liked the "looks" of it ) but they were 6+ months backordered when I checked into them a few weeks ago.
    Hunting, camping & shooting goodies. http://www.laksupply.com

Its a KelTec made by Ruger.

I'm a Seecamp man myself

I just checked Ruger's Websight, again, and noticed they have a Recall on the LCP, now.

Something to do with dropping the gun with the safety off. They will repair and pay for shipping on guns within a range of serial numbers.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Default SR9

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I just checked Ruger's Websight, again, and noticed they have a Recall on the LCP, now.

Something to do with dropping the gun with the safety off. They will repair and pay for shipping on guns within a range of serial numbers.

Smitty of the North

The recall is for the SR9. I didn't see anything for the LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    The recall is for the SR9. I didn't see anything for the LCP.
    OOPS, That's right.

I'm sorry for my mistake.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Default Actually the LCP is under recall as of

Yesterday.........

Default Thanks for the heads up

it said it is a first come first serve basis. I have one that has not be retrofitted or one of the updated models. Still like the gun though and ruger is footing the bill and shipping.

Default Recall info

I just read the email they send once they recieve your online form. It said they will do other functional upgrades for free also that have been added to the newest LCP's. Plus as a "thank you" for your cooperation they are sending a free mag with the pinky grip. Pretty cool of ruger to recognize a problem only a few guns have had. Then to do all the extra goodies as well. They said they will do thier best to get the gun back in the mail within a week.

Default I am

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I just read the email they send once they recieve your online form. It said they will do other functional upgrades for free also that have been added to the newest LCP's. Plus as a "thank you" for your cooperation they are sending a free mag with the pinky grip. Pretty cool of ruger to recognize a problem only a few guns have had. Then to do all the extra goodies as well. They said they will do thier best to get the gun back in the mail within a week.
    pretty happy about that too. They are doing enough to keep my business. Hopefully the entire process goes as they say it will.