Thread: Burris Signature 1.5-6X26 Scope Info

Default Burris Signature 1.5-6X26 Scope Info

My buddy recently gave me a unopened, unused 1.5-6X26 Burris Signature Series Scope to pay off a debt. I have never used Signature series scopes and am wondering if what you guys think of them?

The scope is the older style with the windage adjustments way up on the tube. Optically, it could have some more eye relief for my liking, but it is very clear and compariable with the Nikon Monarch and VXIII that I own...

Lastly I am thinking about putting it on a Ruger #1 rebarreled to to .416 rigby...What do you think? Will it hold up?

Thumbs down Burris

I bought my lasy Burris scope.......and it was made oversea in Japan or Tawain.........
    e mailed Burris but no response.....the scope a Fullfield 2 in 1.5x5 is gone now!

When John Burris made his scopes in the USA they were much better.

Good Choice in the Leupold VX3
    Alaska

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Signature series rifle scopes are still made in the USA. At least they were just a couple years ago.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

This scope is made in the usa. I am really curious if it will hold up to the rigors of a 416 rigby...Like I said I do like the clarity.

I am also curious as to the mounting with the windage adjustments being so far up the tube. Below is a pic of the scope- mine doesn't have the posi-lock.

Thumbs up Warne QR Rings

Glad the Signatures are made in USA.

Yes it should be no problem.......I like the Warne QR Ruger Rings.
    Alaska

I have used several burris products - all with great success.

I have a Signature Series on my 338 that has held zero since the day I put it on.....in 1992.

Default Burris..

I have had a Burris Signature series on a 300 Weatherby for 8 years. Great scope and always holds its zero. I bought a Burris Black Diamond for an Armalite AR-50 (50 BMG) about three years ago. Same results. These are incredible scopes. The Fullfield mentioned earlier is Burris's bottom line scope. The Signature Series and Black Diamond are super nice scopes of incredible build quality. I have been very impressed with Burris. They are known for excellent customer service from the people I have talked to. The few times I contacted them about rings/bases and proper torque, they were very knowledgable and courteus. I would recommend Burris to anyone!
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I am also going to have to get on the Band Wagon for Burris .
    I have 8 scopes from 1.75x5 to 3x12 and not one has failed me .
    Most of my applications are on heavy mangnum Rifles and Revolvers .
    Double thumbs up .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default bad news on Burris

I just sent back a 3x9x40 fullfield that shot loose. The scope was made in the philipines. I have three others and they are a few years old and are great. I haven't heard back from them as of yet, sent the scope to them around the 10th of may. I didn't realize the scope was made over seas when I bought it and the 375 H&H was a little too much for it. My have just been a factory defect thou.