Thread: Question on bags/boxes/storage...

Default Question on bags/boxes/storage...

I was reading a thread earlier on bags, boxes, etc. and kind of figured out that most people's preferences are boxes. I am wanting to get some sort of storage, to keep emergency stuff, raingear, lunch, etc. when going fishing, hunting, riding, etc. But my question is, do you all keep your storage on your atv at all times for all types of riding? Or do you just use them on long rides where extra gear is needed? When I ride alot of times depending on the situation I like to put my feet on the back rack when climbing steep hills, rocks, etc. I was just wondering, if you keep the storage on all the time? is it a bit of a hinder when trying to move your feet around and what not? I think I have decided to get a bag, although I know most of you prefer a box, I just think I like the bag myself. Anyways, any input on this subject would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I have the Speedrack brackets for my Cats, which makes installing and removing the boxes super quick. I've got one of Cat brand boxes that rides on the front and, for long overnighters, I got an 80 some gallon action packer. I dont think I've filled it up yet even. Last hunting season I had everything in it, save the tent, and still had extra room.

I bought one of the zipperless Mad Dog deluxe bags last year. They may protect against "moisture" as advertised but they ain't waterproof. Mine leaked like a sieve and most everything inside got wet. I'm going to have to seam seal and spray it down with a good waterproofing spray before I'll trust it again and probably still wrap a tarp around it for good measure. Hindsight being 20/20 I'd say a good box is the way to go.

I keep a Tamarak box on mine at all times. I dont see it as a hinderance at all. In fact its kinda nice to lean back into it when stopped and use the arm rests as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images