Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairbanks...baiters

Default Fairbanks...baiters

Hey guys...just curious as to when most of yall are gonna put out your bait. If this weather keeps up...who knows

Richie

Gonna try to get to my site this weekend. Tried on Monday and was stuck for about 1.5 hrs on the wheeler. Not gonna put the bait out till 1st of May but plan on working on the stand if I can get to it..

Default next weekend

I tried this week as well and had to turn around! I am going to give it a shot next weekend and at least add on to the stand!

Default With all the snow...

I will be putting my bait out the 10th of May. Hopefully the snow will be gone and the bears will be out wandering around....

CubeCove

Default Bait

Got mine out yesterday,Seen a nice set of Grizz tracks going in,But other than that doesn't look good with still a Foot of snow in my area,It was nice to use a sno-go to get my barrels and 200lbs of bait out

Talking

Baits out... 100lbs and 2 doses of 'Bear Crack' covering it all... great drive in this morning, heck of a muddy diarrhea mess coming out this afternoon...

I got mine out today. More snow than last year. Hopefully it warms up a bunch real soon like.

Default Out for a week

I put my stand and bait out two weekends ago. I used the snowmobile. Never even thought of getting stuck.

Im not putting mine out for another 2 maybe 3 weeks.Im waiting on the river to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Im not putting mine out for another 2 maybe 3 weeks.Im waiting on the river to open up.

Smart Move, Daniel.

Save the gas and wasted time and do something worth while....unless driving around and hiking through muck and snow really does it for you.

Unless it's an old, very established bait, the May 15th timing sounds just right. Bears should be ready and working by Memorial Day and on the meat pole by around Father's Day.

Yup, havent got mine out yet either, will try to get em out around the end of the second week of May. With the weather we are having, they'll be slow to move and slow to rub! The next 15 day forecast isn't real exciting either, not much for warm weather in our future.

Can't help it ---When do the master baiters put thier bait out?
    Hhounds

Quote Originally Posted by Hhounds View Post
    Can't help it ---When do the master baiters put thier bait out?
    Hhounds

Master baiters?....Um....I had to re-read that posting to be sure I read it right the first time!

I guess what a guy does while in his bear stand is his business.....

Hahahhhahahhaha! Now thats priceless.

Default Baits Set

My bait is set. The snow was deep and I know it is going to be a late one. But, it was a reason to get out. I should have waited til mid May. I will never learn.

Default Baits Set

My bait is set. The snow was deep and I know it is going to be a late one. But, it was a reason to get out. I should have waited til mid May. I will never learn.

Thumbs up Bait

Looks like the fun starts now! I Put my bait out last sunday & went today to find both sites Hammerd....Both had nice blackie tracks all over and one did have a few tracks from a Grizz Hope he moved on?
    Good luck Guys its starting!!

where were you at...haha just kidding. Did you get any pictures of em? I'm looking forward to things heating up!

Default Bait

Im at the head waters of not so-far Creek No pics but the cam will be put up tomorrow after work..Thought it was going to be late this year so didn't put the cam out nor did I take it with me today? Just went today to get out of the Honey-Do list

Cool! Get that camera out and see what you have visiting. I'm checking mine early this week. I would not be suprised at all if I've been hit already. Will take another 50 lbs. of dog food out and hang a scent ball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast