Thread: sat-phone rental

Default sat-phone rental

I am headed to king salmon from anchorage on the 7th of may for a drop off hunt and was wandering if anyone knew of a good place to get a sat-phone (preferable the Iriduim Motorola 9505A)

Thanks for any help

Default 2 Options

I see you are at EAFB. If you want to pick the phone up in Fairbanks you can pick a phone from Fairbanks Radio on College Rd. I have used them in the past and have had good service with them.
    If you want to pick it up in Anchorage I would check out Surveyors Exchange.
    They are located at 3695 Springer Street, phone number is 907-561-6501 x4 or toll free 800-770-5500 x4.
    Website is www.tse-ak.com

Hope this helps and good luck on the hunt!

RC

Default Phones

Quote Originally Posted by RCBOWHUNTER View Post
    I see you are at EAFB. If you want to pick the phone up in Fairbanks you can pick a phone from Fairbanks Radio on College Rd. I have used them in the past and have had good service with them.
    If you want to pick it up in Anchorage I would check out Surveyors Exchange.
    They are located at 3695 Springer Street, phone number is 907-561-6501 x4 or toll free 800-770-5500 x4.
    Website is www.tse-ak.com

Hope this helps and good luck on the hunt!

RC

Artic Fire and Safety used to rent them as well. Don't know if they still do.

Quote Originally Posted by texhunter View Post
    I am headed to king salmon from anchorage on the 7th of may for a drop off hunt and was wandering if anyone knew of a good place to get a sat-phone (preferable the Iriduim Motorola 9505A)

Thanks for any help
    Come on tex man up you don't need no stinking phone. But really on a hunt where you can't count on your pic-up not a bad idea. I had one hunt in 2000 that it would of been nice to have one. As it was I had to wait and call from coast guard station Kodiak. Hay it wasn't our fault. But like I said above if you don't think you can count on your transporter. Not a bad idea. Now I only go with people I know I can count on. Now if I can't just get the weather to cooperate

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Come on tex man up you don't need no stinking phone. But really on a hunt where you can't count on your pic-up not a bad idea. I had one hunt in 2000 that it would of been nice to have one. As it was I had to wait and call from coast guard station Kodiak. Hay it wasn't our fault. But like I said above if you don't think you can count on your transporter. Not a bad idea. Now I only go with people I know I can count on. Now if I can't just get the weather to cooperate

I figure after I had a bear tear my tent up and eat some of my food last year on a fly-in I need to take one with me just in case. I caught that bas*#@* last year and he got a 200g Barnes X bullet in the heart. Just got that rug back from the taxidermist. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it

Hey tex who are you flying with? Were flying out the same day. We should be in KS around 0900.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Quote Originally Posted by texhunter View Post
    I figure after I had a bear tear my tent up and eat some of my food last year on a fly-in I need to take one with me just in case. I caught that bas*#@* last year and he got a 200g Barnes X bullet in the heart. Just got that rug back from the taxidermist. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it
    I use the same bullet. Love how well they work on bears.

Alaska Satelitte Communications right by the airport, next to Illiamna air Taxi's office on the old international airportairport road. 868-1782. You can pick it up, she's been know to drop them off. They have a drop box if you come through when the are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by keelermk View Post
    Hey tex who are you flying with? Were flying out the same day. We should be in KS around 0900.

We are flying with Van from Branch River Air, we should be in KS about 3:00 or 3:30 on the 7th. Who are you flying in with?

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    I use the same bullet. Love how well they work on bears.
    I did my own ballistics test with a few different bullets and the barnes were fanominal. I have killed bear, moose and caribou with them and they dont play around. Best weight retinsion, best expansion and by far best wound channel. I love-em

Were also flying in with Van. Pm me what bay area your flying in if you want. I've got a sat phone and if were close enough and you need it you can always drop by.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?