Thread: Rafting Bag - Survey

Default Rafting Bag - Survey

Hi,
    My name is Johan Karlsson and I'm currently doing my masters exam work in Industrial Design. I've done some rafting, but would consider myself a beginner and therefore I need you help with filling out a short survey.

The project I'm thinking of doing would be a rafting-essentials-bag. A small bag that could contain or hold rafting/survival/emergency gear and be worn on yourself somehow. The gear within the bag would be specificly designed with rafters in mind, to best fit rafters foremost.
    Please help me out with my exam work by filling in my survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...Mbkk9Zjg_3d_3d
    Thank You for helping me out!
    /Johan Karlsson

Default A suggestion on making it work...

Quote Originally Posted by Johan K View Post
    Hi,
    My name is Johan Karlsson and I'm currently doing my masters exam work in Industrial Design. I've done some rafting, but would consider myself a beginner and therefore I need you help with filling out a short survey.

The project I'm thinking of doing would be a rafting-essentials-bag. A small bag that could contain or hold rafting/survival/emergency gear and be worn on yourself somehow. The gear within the bag would be specificly designed with rafters in mind, to best fit rafters foremost.
    Please help me out with my exam work by filling in my survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...Mbkk9Zjg_3d_3d
    Thank You for helping me out!
    /Johan Karlsson
    Johan,

I would not want to carry another item with me. Why not just design a life jacket that does all of this? In fact, why not design one with hunters in mind (pockets with loops for cartridges, etc). I think it would be an easier sell.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I would somewhat echo Mikes comments. When doing whitewater, I have a throw-bag-on-a-belt, and coupled with a lifejacket and drysuit, I don't think I could carry anything else. I can have a extra biner or two in the belt-bag, and a few other items in the pockets of my high-float vest... But beyond that, I would rather not have the bulk of additional gear on me. Good luck with your project tho.