Thread: Calling on the Air Force

Default Calling on the Air Force

Gents,
    In another thread, someone stated that there are Griz all over the YTA. Is this true? I just passed my year mark and if any of you want a knuckleheaded Infantryman from FT Wainwright (who is fairly new to hunting) as a hunting partner (or wouldn't mind someone comming along) please let me know!

Talk to you soon!

Roughneck!
    Last edited by roughneck33; 04-24-2008 at 20:40. Reason: spelling

Default YTA

Yes, it's full of gizz. Every where from TA1 to the little Salcha.

Arctic dustoff
    Do many people hunt there? Do many Grizz get killed?

I know a guy that worked on Eielson back in the late 80's that took a B&C grizzly back there. There's plenty of bears, black and grizz behind the base but not many people will go back there to hunt, I think they believe the hunting isn't any good because of all the training that goes on back there but some of us know better.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I know a guy that worked on Eielson back in the late 80's that took a B&C grizzly back there. There's plenty of bears, black and grizz behind the base but not many people will go back there to hunt, I think they believe the hunting isn't any good because of all the training that goes on back there but some of us know better.
    Some where there is a bag missing a cat

Default lots of bears, but....

There are a lot of bears back there, and its no secret. Most people I know don't want to put up with the hassle of dealing with hunting bears on military land when there are just as many bears in other places without the access restrictions, etc.

Default called range control...

and they said about 90% of the YTA will be closed this summer up to July because of the STYKER unit training!

So good Luck!!

Default Imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by garrison1012 View Post
    and they said about 90% of the YTA will be closed this summer up to July because of the STYKER unit training!

So good Luck!!
    Getting soldiers ready to deploy for 12 months really screws up land management!

Default lets...

just hope its 12 months this time!